Positive Child Guidance Paperback – Aug 17 2006
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
The inclusion of points to remember, practical application, discussion questions, and related readings and web sites within every chapter is an excellent technique for focussing my reading and organizing my thinking. It makes it easy to review the material for study purposes.
The overarching strength of this textbook is that it strives to bring the theoretical and the practical together so that students can see both the "why" and the "how" of child guidance strategies at the same time. It is a very thorough compilation of all of the topics, principles, and concepts related to guidance.
About the Author
Darla Ferris Miller holds a doctorate in early childhood education, Texas and Mississippi teaching credentials, and the American Montessori Society Early Childhood, Infant, and Toddler Certification. She was a vice president, a division chair, and a professor at North Harris College. Dr. Miller has also served in a wide range of roles within the field of child care and development. She has been a caregiver, early childhood teacher, center director, teacher trainer, and consultant, and has worked with children from infancy to middle school.
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta)
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Children's Books
- Books > Education & Reference > Schools & Teaching > Early Childhood Education
- Books > Health, Fitness & Dieting > Psychology & Counseling > Child Psychology > Development
- Books > Health, Fitness & Dieting > Psychology & Counseling > Child Psychology > Psychology
- Books > Parenting & Relationships > Education > Parent Participation
- Books > Parenting & Relationships > Parenting > Babies & Toddlers > Child Development
- Books > Textbooks > Education > Elementary Education
- Books > Textbooks > Social Sciences > Psychology > Developmental Psychology