countdown boutiques-francophones Learn more scflyout Furniture All-New Kindle Music Deals Store sports Tools

on January 18, 2000
My daughter is just becoming a teenager, and I am glad I purchased this book at this time. It has helped me to identify my enabling behaviors that maintain her dependence on me. I am now working to empower my daughter to become more independent in her decision making. This book is presented in a very logical format and the suggestions are easily implemented. I have never used punishment as a motivator with my daughter and now feel vindicated in that choice. I encourage parents of teens to get this book for a refreshingly alternative approach to interacting with our teens - treating them like the individuals that they are. Good luck!
on November 4, 1997
I found this book to be very informative as well as giving great real-life examples; These are helpful in deciding how to talk to your teen in a way that makes them NOT want to tune you out, but also doesn't make them feel ashamed or bad. I would recommend it for any parent who is not sure how to approach problems and conflicts with their teenager--and doesn't want to create a chasm between them.
on March 9, 1999
I present workshops for parents and teachers of teenagers, in the Los Angeles area. I have researched many books, all of which have valuable information. What makes this book different, is the format. It is easy to look up a problem and find the resolution. Parents and teachers have found it invaluable.Dealing with teenagers can be a trying proposition. They are adults-in-training and need all the guidance and patience we can give them. With the help of this book, I have been successful with the workshop presentations.
on August 20, 2012
I am only in the second chapter of this book, but already have found it a tremendous help - very easy to understand and read. This book also includes optional short, easy and helpful activities/exercises to do at the end of the chapters, as well as helps you determine your goals and how to achieve them. Will definitely be using this book as a reference in the years to come. Am so happy I bought this book.
on August 17, 2012
This book is like a city map of a new place you are visiting. You suddenly firgure out where you are ! and some incredible advice on how to get where you want or need to go. It was able to verbalize what we were going through with humour and empathy for both parents and teens.