Powers of Persuasion: The Inside Story of British Advertising Hardcover – Aug 1 2008
|New from||Used from|
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
A comprehensive, highly readable and well-researched history... it is fascinating and thought-provoking, and I wish everyone in the ad business would read it. Paul Feldwick, Market Leader This book is important, vauable, and a great read... Insights abound... the mini case-studies are excellent. Tim Ambler, International Journal of Advertising Do go and buy this book. You'll enjoy it, and it's important to read it. brand-republic.com The author shows a seductive flair for combining piquant anecdotes about individual agencies and campaigns with revealing and reliable data, which makes the book both enjoyable for the general reader and solidly based. Financial Times A readable and racy inside story of the British advertising industry. Isabelle Szmigin. Times Higher Education. Fletcher plainly knows his stuff and writes in a crisp, lively way. He's also taken great pains to animate his characters, thus ensuring that his narrative has a properly flesh-and-blood feel to it. Telegraph
About the Author
Winston Fletcher is Visiting Professor of Marketing at Westminster University, and Vice President of the History of Advertising Trust. He has worked in the advertising industry for many years, has spoken and lectured on marketing, marketing research, and advertising, has written extensively on advertisign in the media, and is author of several books, including Advertising Advertising (Profile, 1999).
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta)
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Business & Investing > International > Global Marketing
- Books > Business & Investing > Marketing & Sales > Advertising
- Books > Business & Investing > Marketing & Sales > Marketing > Research
- Books > History > Europe > England
- Books > Professional & Technical > Business Management > Marketing & Sales > Advertising
- Books > Professional & Technical > Business Management > Marketing & Sales > Marketing > Global
- Books > Professional & Technical > Business Management > Marketing & Sales > Marketing > Research