Practice-based Evidence for Healthcare: Clinical Mindlines Paperback – Nov 17 2010
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
'This book is one of the most important publications about clinical practice in general and evidence based medicine in particular to appear in the last 20 years. Those who consider themselves to be working at the ‘cutting edge’ in these fields should make time to read it.' - Trisha Greenhalgh, University College London, UK
'This amazing book, which will revolutionize the way we think about clinical practice as well as the way we teach practitioners, should push the whole field forward by a quantum leap. Practice-based Evidence will come as a big relief to thinking practitioners who have felt oppressed by the evidence-based practice movement, and should be on the 'must read' list for anyone involved with meeting continuing competency requirements in both nursing and medicine.' - Lesley Degner, University of Manitoba, Canada
'This is a fascinating analysis that rings true with my own clinical experience. It will doubtless be eagerly devoured by those who study clinical decision-making but anyone concerned with clinical practice and policy, however busy, will gain by reading it. This valuable book addresses issues that are of crucial importance and from which we all need to learn.' - Joel Howell, University of Michigan, USA
'The actors who speak at the beginning of each chapter remind me of people I have met and worked with all through my career; they describe my behaviours at various stages of my life as a clinician. So, I felt very comfortable reading this book, which is filled with wisdom distilled from many disciplines and raises major issues about professional development. It will have a significant and lasting impact on how I view a number of concepts. Very few books have such a powerful influence.' - John Balla, Centre for Evidence Based Medicine, University of Oxford, UK and University of Melbourne, Australia
'This important book makes a major contribution to our understanding about the everyday problems of making sense of clinical knowledge in practice. Grounded in real world research that gives a unique insight into the real world of health professionals, John Gabbay and Andrée le May will not only inform the implementation of evidence-based practice, but also help to shape future studies of this key problem of contemporary health care, which has never been more politically contentious' - Carl May, Newcastle University, UK
About the Author
John Gabbay is Emeritus Professor at the Wessex Institute for Health Research and Development, University of Southampton, UK.
Andrée le May is Professor of Nursing at the University of Southampton, UK.
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Medical Books > Administration & Medicine Economics > Health Care Delivery
- Books > Medical Books > Administration & Medicine Economics > Public Health
- Books > Medical Books > Allied Health Professions
- Books > Medical Books > Medicine > Internal Medicine > Pathology > Diseases
- Books > Medical Books > Nursing > Research & Theory
- Books > Politics & Social Sciences > Social Sciences > Sociology
- Books > Science & Math > Medicine > Administration & Policy > Health Care Delivery
- Books > Science & Math > Medicine > Administration & Policy > Public Health
- Books > Science & Math > Medicine > Allied Health Professions
- Books > Science & Math > Medicine > Diseases
- Books > Science & Math > Medicine > Nursing > Research & Theory
- Books > Science & Math > Medicine > Specialties > Family & General Practice
- Books > Textbooks > Medicine > Administration & Policy > Health Care Delivery
- Books > Textbooks > Medicine > Allied Health Services
- Books > Textbooks > Medicine > Medicine > Clinical > Diseases
- Books > Textbooks > Medicine > Medicine > Clinical > Family & General Practice
- Books > Textbooks > Medicine > Nursing > General
- Books > Textbooks > Medicine > Nursing > Research & Theory
- Books > Textbooks > Social Sciences > Sociology