Prefab Hardcover – Sep 15 2002
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
...The challenges of light, flexible, non-permanent housing cry out for elegant solutions... That is exactly what we get in this book. -- Doors of Perception website, May 2002
PREFAB...presents the fascinating history of prefabricated housing--both its shortcomings and its enormous potential... -- Dwell magazine, Sept/October 2002
About the Author
Allison Arieff is a writer, senior editor of the architecture magazine dwell, and co-author of Trailer Travel. She is also the editor of several books on art and culture, including Airstream: A History of the Land Yacht and Hatch Show Print: The History of a Great American Poster Shop. She lives in San Francisco BRYAN BURKHART is the designer and co-author of Airstream: The History of the Land Yacht and Trailer Travel: A Visual History of Mobile America. As creative director of his own firm, Modernhouse, he has designed books for Taschen, Chronicle Books, and Gibbs-Smith Publishers. Arieff and Burkhart live in San Francisco.
Top Customer Reviews
Most recent customer reviews
It looks like a coffee table book yet reads like a dream. This is not only one of the most comprehensive books on the subject, but easily the most lucid and engaging. Read morePublished on Jan. 23 2003 by D. Bishop
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Crafts, Hobbies & Home > How-to & Home Improvements > Home Design > Design & Construction
- Books > Crafts, Hobbies & Home > Interior Design
- Books > Professional & Technical > Architecture > Buildings > Residential
- Books > Professional & Technical > Architecture > History
- Books > Professional & Technical > Architecture > Interior Design
- Books > Professional & Technical > Architecture > Materials
- Books > Professional & Technical > Architecture > Reference > Methods & Materials