Preparing and Delivering Scientific Presentations: A Complete Guide for International Medical Scientists Paperback – Jan 27 2011
|New from||Used from|
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
From the Back Cover
The latest in Springer’s “Medical English” series aimed at healthcare professionals who need English for their work but do not speak English on a day-to-day basis, this book features clear advice on a variety of topics relevant to the successful preparation and delivery of scientific presentations. It also covers a wide range of situations that may develop in the context of an international congress and includes specific chapters on important issues like dealing with questions, chairing sessions, and avoiding common pitfalls in English usage and pronunciation. Although much of the information provided will be useful for scientists of all backgrounds and nationalities, the book is aimed especially at non-native English-speaking physicians and biomedical scientists. It will be an invaluable addition to the libraries of experienced presenters as well as of those just beginning their careers in international science.
About the Author
John Giba was born in Youngstown, Ohio (USA) in 1960. In 1984 he received a Bachelor of Science degree (magna cum laude) in psychology from the University of Pittsburgh (Pennsylvania, USA). In 1985, he began teaching English in Spain. Working as a freelance translator and scientific writer since 1988, Mr. Giba has collaborated in the publication of over 1000 texts. In the last five years, he has specialized in teaching scientific English to biomedical professionals. Some of the courses and seminars in which he has participated include the Scientific English Module in the framework of a Master’s program through the University of Barcelona and the Autonomous University of Barcelona (responsible for course design and implementation 2008, 2009, 2010), Radiological English Course (Barcelona and Madrid), Medical English Course (Girona), and Biomedical English Seminars (Esteve Foundation). He coauthored the book Surgical English with Ramón Ribes and Pedro Aranda (Springer, 2010) and Inglés Médico y Sanitario in Spanish (English for Healthcare Professionals) with Ramón Ribes.(LID, 2010).
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Education & Reference > Foreign Language Study & Reference
- Books > Education & Reference > Schools & Teaching > Education Theory > Language Experience Approach
- Books > Education & Reference > Words, Language & Grammar > Grammar
- Books > Education & Reference > Words, Language & Grammar > Public Speaking
- Books > Medical Books > Administration & Medicine Economics > Public Health
- Books > Medical Books > History
- Books > Medical Books > Research
- Books > Science & Math > Biological Sciences > Biology
- Books > Science & Math > History & Philosophy > History of Medicine
- Books > Science & Math > History & Philosophy > History of Science
- Books > Science & Math > Medicine > Administration & Policy > Public Health
- Books > Science & Math > Medicine > Research
- Books > Textbooks > Education
- Books > Textbooks > Medicine > Administration & Policy > Public Health
- Books > Textbooks > Medicine > Medicine > General
- Books > Textbooks > Medicine > Medicine > Special Topics > History
- Books > Textbooks > Sciences > Biology & Life Sciences > Biology