Compare Offers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ CDN$ 4.95 shipping
2 Year Kitchen Protection Planfrom NEW of Canada, an Asurion Company
- Covers failures due to power surge and other mechanical and electrical breakdowns.
- No deductibles or hidden fees. Shipping included on all repairs. Fully transferable.
- Easy claims process. If we can't fix it, we will send you a reimbursement for your product purchase price.
- Plan begins date of purchase and is inclusive of the manufacturer's warranty. Plan is fully refunded if canceled within 30 days.
- Plan contract will be emailed from Asurion within 24 hours of purchase. This will not ship with your product.
Presto 05411 GranPappy Electric Deep Fryer
- Basic black bucket-style countertop electric deep fryer
- Heavy-duty cast aluminum with nonstick finish; skid-resistant rubber-Feet
- 1500 Watts; keeps oil at optimum temperature automatically
- Comes with slotted scoop, snap-on storage lid, and magnetic safety cord
- Product Built to North American Electrical Standards
Frequently bought together
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Customers who bought this item also bought
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Amazon.ca Product Description
Delicious deep fried foods, fast and easy. Uses just six cups of oil and maintains perfect frying temperature automatically. Snap-on lid stores oil to use again and again. 120 volts, 60 Hz only.
From the Manufacturer
Sporting a fresh look, this stylish deep fryer is super for sizzling up crunchy chicken, golden French fries, crispy onion rings, and more. It quickly fries six liberal servings with only six cups of oil. The perfect frying temperature is maintained automatically. The fryer is constructed of heavy-cast aluminum and features a nonstick surface, inside and out, for no-hassle cleaning. A snap-on lid allows oil to be stored in the fryer to use again. Slotted scoop included. One-year limited warranty.
From the manufacturer
Presto GranPappy Electric Deep Fryer
- Stores oil to use again and again.
- No controls to set! Maintains the perfect frying temperature automatically.
- Crispy, crunchy deep fried food! Delicious french fries, shrimp, chicken, onion rings and more.
- Handy scoop lifts, drains, and serves. No messy basket.
- Easy to clean! Nonstick surface inside and out.
- Easy to store! Snap-on lid lets you store oil right in the fryer to use again and again.
Saves money on oil! Uses just six cups of oil to make six big servings.
Handy scoop lifts, drains, and serves. No messy basket.
Snap-on lid stores oil without spills or odor.
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
The best deep fryer for home/family use. My mom's had one for many years now and I now know why. Easy to use and store away as compared to the bigger heftier oil fryers out in the marketplace. This heats up quickly every time and fantastic for cooking. It has no temperature regulator so you cannot set temperatures. However. Very easy to clean and dump out used oil. The cord is attached at the base magnetically so you can detatch the cord also for easy storage.
It comes with a plastic lid on top. Bottom line since it is such a simple unit it works wonderfully.
As such I leave you with a fried chicken recipe below with respect to using this (and all types of) fryer...
"The secret to good fried chicken is a real crisp skin.This is a great little fryer, but with chicken you need an extra yet worthwhile step to have the best fried chicken you ever smacked your lips around. This fryer does that but not if the bone-in chicken is raw, the temp of this fryer is too high for raw, bone-in chicken and what happens is undercooked chicken, even legs. But there is a way to get around that and it makes the chicken much better anyway.
What you need to do is place the pieces of chicken you want to fry in a pot, cover with cold water, add salt to taste and, what I like is a healthy dose of Tabasco sauce. Enough to change the water color and to smell its aroma. You can use whatever herbs or spices you want to impart in the flesh if you like. Bring the cold water with chicken and flavors to a boil uncovered. Once it comes to a boil, remove the chicken, do not boil too long. Let it sit out to dry, it only takes a minute or two for the hot chicken to dry itself, Then, however you want to coat it, I dip the chicken in buttermilk and then flour. Let that sit at least fifteen minutes, as long as it does to let the oil come up to temperature, this gives enough time for the buttermilk and flour to adhere, making less mess in your oil and a better crust. Fry three pieces at a time if you like but no more, it doesn't take long to bring it to a beautiful golden color. Place it on a rack, never on paper towels to drain, that will keep your chicken crisp on both sides. Once cooled slightly, plate it and you'll have yourself some real good fried chicken."
The only negative was our oil choice. We bought Avocado Oil, thinking good for over 400 degrees, but we did had some slight wiffs coming up from the oil, like the temperature reaching the start of overheat for the oil, which is another added level of unhealthy. So some oils say higher temp but for sure you have to find a good high temp oil. There are only a few types that can reach these temps without smoking.
But this is a very simple easy unit to operate.