The Primal Blueprint: Reprogram your genes for effortless weight loss, vibrant health, and boundless energy Paperback – Jan 14 2012
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
About the Author
Mark is the one of the leading figures in the primal/paleo/ancestral health world, with his MarksDailyApple.com the most visited site in this category. Mark has followed the revolutionary bestseller, The Primal Blueprint, with six other books on primal living and eating. He is a former world-class endurance athlete (2:18 marathon, 4th place Hawaii Ironman), BA degree in biology (Williams College). Besides blogging daily and writing books, Mark hosts PrimalCon lifestyle retreats in North America
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Top Customer Reviews
This book The Primal Blueprint grew out of years of personal and communal experience. Mark Sisson was one of the nutritionists who helped develop some of the products sold by Beachbody to supplement their program P90X. But in the five years since it's release Mark's knowledge and understand has changed radically. The book also grew out of the community of people trying to live Primal through marks website and blog marksdailyapple com. The book is just under 300 pages with appendices. But there are thousands of pages and articles on the website to supplement and support you in trying to make this healthy lifestyle change. The book focuses around 10 Rules of primal living.
10 Immutable Laws of Primal Living:
1. Eat lots of plants and animals.
2. Avoid poisonous things.
3. Move frequently at a slow pace.
4. Lift Heavy things.
5. Sprint once in a while.
6. Get adequate sleep.
8. Get plenty of sunlight.
9. Avoid stupid mistakes.
10. Use your brain.Read more ›
The idea that modern diseases are caused by traditional foods is just nonsense!
Don't believe the myth about those eating traditional diets typically dying young, the truth is very different. I'd recommend reading information from Weston A Price for more information on this topic if you can. (See Nutrition and Physical Degeneration or the WAPF website.) This is the way we have all evolved to eat and to be healthy.
The author advises us not to be afraid of trying something that is old. No matter how much you read, there is no better substitute for trying the diet yourself for a few months to see how much better you feel.
The author explains that:
* Much of the conventional wisdom on diet that we have accepted as fact is wrong.
* Our primal ancestors were likely stronger and healthier than we are today.
* Excessive fibre (eg. from grains) is not good for you.
* Lectins and phytates in grains can cause real problems. Going grain free for 30 - 60 dayts to see if you notice any improvements is a good idea. Not everyone does well eating grains. Even if grains don't seem to cause you problems they should only be eaten in small amounts.
* Cholesterol, saturated fats and eggs are good for you.
* We need to eat lots of animals and plants.
* We need to eat when hungry and stop when we are satisfied.
* We need to avoid poisonous things (e.g. processed foods, processed grains, unnatural fats and sugar).
* If you exercise more you will be more hungry than before so exercise is not a weight loss aid.Read more ›
Do yourself a favour. Buy the book, check out the website and try this approach. You will thank yourself, over and over again, for the rest of your very long, happy life.
Most recent customer reviews
I loved, full o science and great examples. I think that all that was proposed is possible to follow and that's what I'm trying to do for the last 30 days.Published 11 days ago by Thiago V. Temple
I bought Marks book after listening to his interview and discussion on the Joe Rogan podcast. The podcast was the reason I decided to get into Ketosis. Read morePublished 20 days ago by Holland
Did not enjoy it. Expected more out of this book. Too many thing that do not make any sense to me.
And what evolution has to do with anything?.
Great book. Very educational and have already started implementing the primal blueprint in my day to day life and started seeing results within days.Published 2 months ago by Josh
Great read, easy to read and to apply. I have seen results from modifying my diet in only a few weeks.Published 5 months ago by Benjamin R
Great intro into the world of carb reduction (with fat replacement). This book launched me into the Keto world and ultimately resulted into me losing 40lbs so far.Published 8 months ago by Paul
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Health, Fitness & Dieting > Diets & Weight Loss > Diets > Low Carb
- Books > Health, Fitness & Dieting > Diets & Weight Loss > Diets > Weight Loss
- Books > Health, Fitness & Dieting > Diets & Weight Loss > Diets > Weight Maintenance
- Books > Health, Fitness & Dieting > Diets & Weight Loss > Special Conditions > Low Carbohydrate
- Books > Health, Fitness & Dieting > Exercise & Fitness
- Books > Health, Fitness & Dieting > Nutrition