Primitive Technology: A Book of Earth Skills Paperback – Mar 26 2001
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
About the Author
David Wescott is author of Camping in the Old Style and editor of Primitive Technology: A Book of Earth Skills. Formerly education director for the Boulder Outdoor School, he has been a leading figure in wilderness education for more than thirty years. He lives with his wife in Rexburg, Idaho.
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Top Customer Reviews
Section 1 - PRIMITIVE TECHNOLOGY
Section 2 - FIRE - Where We Begin
Section 3 - BONE, STONE, & WOOD - Basic Elements
Section 4 - FIBERS - Holding the World Together
Section 5 - PROJECTILES - Power From the Human Hand
Section 6 - ART & MUSIC - Discipline and Meaning
Most recent customer reviews
Shipping was great! Bought this as a gift and the recipient was very pleased with this bookPublished 6 months ago by Penny
Fascinating descriptions of early technologies, with diagrams, photos, and detailed steps to recreate. A good read.Published 21 months ago by R
This is a good book, and it covers many things. My favorite is the projectiles section. It shows how to make different kinds of spear throwers among other things. very interesting. Read morePublished on Sept. 24 2003
Look for similar items by category
- Books > History > Ancient
- Books > Politics & Social Sciences > Social Sciences > Anthropology
- Books > Politics & Social Sciences > Social Sciences > Archaeology
- Books > Science & Math > Archaeology
- Books > Science & Math > Behavioural Sciences
- Books > Science & Math > Biological Sciences > Biology
- Books > Science & Math > Nature & Ecology > Ecology
- Books > Science & Math > Nature & Ecology > Essays
- Books > Science & Math > Nature & Ecology > Nature Writing
- Books > Science & Math > Nature & Ecology > Reference