Pro BizTalk 2006 Paperback – Jun 28 2010
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
About the Author
George Dunphy is an Architect with Microsoft Consulting - Technical Quality Assurance. He has 14 years of experience and focuses on technologies such as the Microsoft .NET Framework, BizTalk Server, Visual Basic and Visual Basic .Net, Active Server Pages, COM, SQL Server, XML, SOAP and WSDL, T-SQL, and web development. In addition to his technical skills, George focuses on managing development teams for large enterprise application development projects. He works with a variety of customers ranging from Governments to Fortune 100 companies to start-ups.
Ahmed Metwally is a senior enterprise strategy consultant with Microsoft and has worked in the IT industry for 12+ years in the areas of systems development, consulting, and engagement management for large federal government departments and Fortune 500 firms. Ahmed is a subject matter expert in the areas of application/system architecture, systems development, and enterprise business automation. He has worked with and managed large strategic accounts including the Canadian Federal Government, Sony Electronics, GE, United Technologies, Hamilton Sundstrand, and OTIS Elevators.
Ahmed has extensive experience architecting and developing enterprise business automation solutions based on Business Process Management engines, Enterprise Application Integration engines (specifically Microsoft BizTalk), web services, and enterprise portals. Ahmed is also the co-owner of multiple patents in the field of application layer technologies. He currently sits on the boards and the technical advisory boards of several technology companies in Canada and the U.S.
Ahmed holds a bachelor of science degree in computer science from the American University in Cairo as well as a master's certificate in project management from the University of Quebec.
Top Customer Reviews
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta)
The chapters on architectural best practices, naming standards, engine internals, pipeline components (zip and PGP!) were worth the price of the book alone. Add the indispensable chapter on tuning (everything from the adapters to CLR) and you've got a book that has to be on everyone's shelf. While not for beginners, this book is valuable even to the most seasoned developer. I just finished buying 50 copies to give away to my local customers.
Great job George & Ahmed!
I have not read this book cover-to-cover, but the parts I have read are excellent. It is well worth the read and a great book to have for reference on your BizTalk bookshelf. Most, if not everyone, will learn something new from this book.
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Computers & Technology > Computer Science > Software Engineering > Information Systems
- Books > Computers & Technology > Computer Science > Systems Analysis & Design
- Books > Computers & Technology > Microsoft > Accounting
- Books > Computers & Technology > Microsoft > Operating Systems
- Books > Computers & Technology > Networking & Cloud Computing > Data in the Enterprise > Client-Server Systems
- Books > Computers & Technology > Networking & Cloud Computing > Data in the Enterprise > Electronic Data Interchange (EDI)
- Books > Computers & Technology > Operating Systems
- Books > Computers & Technology > Programming > Software Design, Testing & Engineering > Software Development
- Books > Computers & Technology > Software > Business
- Books > Computers & Technology > Web Development > Web Services
- Books > Textbooks > Computer Science & Information Systems > Computer Science
- Books > Textbooks > Computer Science & Information Systems > Operating Systems
- Books > Textbooks > Computer Science & Information Systems > Programming Languages
- Books > Textbooks > Computer Science & Information Systems > Software Design & Engineering