Pro Tools 101 Official Courseware, Version 8 Paperback – Jan 21 2009
There is a newer edition of this item:
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
About the Author
Digidesign, a division of Avid, is the industry leader in digital audio production, providing the professional music, broadcast, multimedia, and film industries with tools for audio creation, post production, collaboration, and distribution.
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta)
The problem many people have with this book is the DVD that comes with it. You need quicktime and you also need to copy the files to your pc; they play horribly from the dvd-rom drive or don't play at all; once you copy the files/folders to your mac or pc; you're good money!!!!
Buy this book; you won't be sorry!
My other criticism is that this book assumes all users are music producers. For good or ill, Pro Tools has become the industry-standard audio production software. But not everyone who uses it makes music. Many of us make radio documentaries and features. We may use the same tools as music producers but how we approach the work is different. It would be good if training material such as this book acknowledged other user types and offered material from their perspective.
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Computers & Technology > Digital Audio, Photography & Video > Digital Audio > Digital Audio Production
- Books > Computers & Technology > Digital Audio, Photography & Video > Digital Audio > Pro Tools
- Books > Education & Reference > Schools & Teaching > Instruction Methods
- Books > Humour & Entertainment > Music > Recording & Sound
- Books > Professional & Technical > Engineering > Electrical & Electronics > Electronics