One of Selling Power Magazine 's Ten Best Books to Read in 2010.
From the Inside Flap
Are you so pressured to make your numbers each quarter that you rarely think about the future of your organization? Do you spend a significant chunk of your time fielding requests from your weakest performers? Is there a steady flow of top talent OUT of your sales office?
If the answer is “yes,” you’re probably a reactive sales manager, ensnared in a daily barrage of messages, demands, and emergencies. But truly successful sales managers aren’t stuck in reactive mode. They’re proactive, with clear-cut goals, measures, strategies, and follow-through. They have their eye on the future, and they know how to get there.
ProActive Sales Management will completely transform the way you and your sales team work. This updated edition of the sales manager’s success manual is packed with hard-won insights into how to efficiently and effectively manage both the big-picture strategic decisions of your department and the day-to-day tactical operations, including hiring, motivating, forecasting, measuring, and performing sales reviews. Written by an experienced sales manager and seminar leader, and filled with original tools and useful examples and exercises, the book’s powerful, proactive approach helps you:
• Transition from making the sales to managing the sales team, and create a proactive culture where goals and objectives are clearly defined and communicated.
• Refocus your attention from the C players to the A players, turning them into A+ players who stay on board and drive revenue up.
• Break your addiction to phone calls, text messages, pagers, and other beeping devices, and devote thoughtful time to prioritizing and planning.
• Measure performance based on objective and subjective metrics that communicate exactly what you expect your salespeople to do and which skills they need to master.
• Hire the right person the first time by using tactics such as reading résumés vertically for telltale clues and treating the interview like a selling situation to evaluate the candidate’s sales abilities.
• Deploy your sales team strategically, and design highly effective long-term and short-term compensation plans.
In today’s high-pressure, complex sales environments, it’s easy to get caught in a panic mode, always jumping from one emergency to another. ProActive Sales Management helps you take control of the sales process and consistently achieve your revenue goals—with no more lost time and wasted effort!
William “Skip” Miller is president of M3 Learning, a sales and management development company, and an instructor for numerous AMA sales management training programs. He is the author of ProActive Selling and More ProActive Sales Management, Ultimate Sales Tool Kit, and co-author of Knock Your Socks Off Prospecting. He lives in Los Gatos, California.
See all Product description