- You'll save an extra 5% on Books purchased from Amazon.ca, now through July 29th. No code necessary, discount applied at checkout. Here's how (restrictions apply)
Professional ASP.NET 2.0 XML Paperback – Jan 18 2006
Special Offers and Product Promotions
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
From the Back Cover
You'll also learn more about SQL Server 2005 XML features, XML serialization, and XML Web services. You'll see how XML can be used to increase application efficiency and reach. Two helpful real-life case studies used throughout the book demonstrate the many ways that XML documents can be created, transformed, and transmitted to other systems using ASP.NET.
What you will learn from this book
- How to read and write XML data
- Advanced Web service concepts such as SOAP headers and extensions
- Using XmlSerializer to serialize XML documents as XML data
- Techniques to build programs or scripts that create, read, and update settings in web.config and machine.config files
- How to create an XSD schema in Visual Studio® 2005
- Tips on working with typed and untyped data type columns
- How to get a head start with Microsoft's new "Atlas" Ajax technology for ASP.NET and XML
Who this book is for
This book is for intermediate to experienced programmers who are already familiar with XML and want to gain a clear understanding of ASP.NET development. Some basic knowledge of C# is necessary.
Wrox Professional guides are planned and written by working programmers to meet the real-world needs of programmers, developers, and IT professionals. Focused and relevant, they address the issues technology professionals face every day. They provide examples, practical solutions, and expert education in new technologies, all designed to help programmers do a better job.
About the Author
Thiru Thangarathinam works for Intel Corporation in Phoenix, Arizona. He is an MCAD (Microsoft Certified Application Developer) and specializes in architecting and building Distributed N-Tier applications using ASP.NET, Visual C#.NET, VB.NET, ADO.NET, and SQL Server 2000. He has co-authored a number of books for Wrox Press in .NET technologies. Thiru is also a regular contributor to print and online magazines such as Visual Studio Magazine, Visual Studio .NET Professional, SQL Server Professional, DevX, ASPToday.com, 15seconds.com, and Developer.com. At Intel, he is part of the team that is focused on developing the Enterprise Architecture and Service Oriented Architectures for Intel. He can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta)
It would be better if this book provides examples on VB.NET as well since the book completely focuses only on C#. And also it would be great to have some information on the below:
1. Instructions on solving the most common SQL access errors.
2. How to replace SQLExpress with SQL Server
Book explains XML classes, Data Validation, XML transformation, XML and ADO.NET, Web Services and use of XML in Web.Config and Configuration files.
Thiru does a great job in not only showing "how to" but also provides best practice tips so that you know "when to", "when not to", "when you do be sure to". These are the things I need to know in the real world. Without a doubt this was one of the best technical books I have read in a while. I will definitely buy any future books that he authors. Glad to see he's a fellow Phoenician also!
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Computers & Technology > Computer Science
- Books > Computers & Technology > Internet & Social Media
- Books > Computers & Technology > Microsoft > Development > .NET
- Books > Computers & Technology > Programming > Languages & Tools
- Books > Computers & Technology > Software
- Books > Computers & Technology > Web Development > Programming > ASP
- Books > Computers & Technology > Web Development > Programming > XML
- Books > Textbooks > Computer Science & Information Systems > Programming Languages