Professional Microsoft SQL Server 2012 Reporting Services Paperback – Jun 5 2012
|New from||Used from|
There is a newer edition of this item:
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
From the Back Cover
Build your SQL Reporting, Power View, and SharePoint BI skills
Whether you're creating an invoice for a small business or a BI dashboard to help manage a multinational corporation, you need to deliver accurate information. This book shows you how to accomplish this by walking you through Microsoft's reporting platform. You'll dive into SQL Server 2012 Reporting Services' architecture and BI fundamentals, as well as the key ingredients to successful report design. You'll then get up to speed on building business reports with Report Builder and using Power View to make fast, interactive, visual analytics pervasive and accessible to business users.
Professional Microsoft SQL Server 2012 Reporting Services:
- Demonstrates self-service reporting with Report Builder, using wizards, and simple design tools
- Helps you design highly visual and attractive business reports with dynamic formatting, drill-down, and drill-through actions
- Provides the tools to build BI dashboards, scorecards, and performance indicators
- Demonstrates building BI Semantic Models, interactively exploring data in Power View, and creating compelling presentations
- Features helpful examples, hands-on code, and resourceful solutions for common problems
- Demonstrates how to integrate Reporting Services with SharePoint, configure and use Power View, and manage a native mode report server
Wrox Professional guides are written by working developers to address everyday needs. They provide examples, practical solutions, and expert education in new technologies, all designed to help programmers do a better job.
Join our Programmer to Programmer forums to ask and answer programming questions about this book, join discussions on the hottest topics in the industry, and connect with fellow programmers from around the world.
Take advantage of free code samples from this book, as well as code samples from hundreds of other books, all ready to use.
Find articles, ebooks, sample chapters, and tables of contents for hundreds of books, and more reference resources on programming topics that matter to you.
About the Author
Paul Turley is a Mentor with SolidQ, a Microsoft MVP, solution architect, teacher, and presenter.
Robert Bruckner is a principal software architect and developer with the Microsoft SQL Server division and is responsible for the technical architecture of SSRS and Power View.
Thiago Silva is an MCPD, architect, and consultant for Credera, whose clients include Fortune 1000 companies and emerging industry leaders.
Ken Withee is President of Portal Integrators LLC, a software company that develops business applications for the SharePoint platform.
Grant Paisley is a SQL Server MVP and founder of Angry Koala, a successful Business Intelligence consulting firm based in Sydney, Australia.
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Top Customer Reviews
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta)
The only thing that keeps the review from being a full five stars for me is, oddly enough, the appendices. Considering that the core content of the book was 2012 Reporting Services, the contents of the appendices seemed pretty unrelated, especially the TSQL reference. Regardless, I'm very glad my company has a copy of this book in our reference library!
This book is a disappointment; Wrox is usually my go-to company to learn a new product but I am disappointed with this book. I'm only a quarter of the way through it and I'm ready to use it as a doorstop instead. Save your money.
With the book on your desk, or better, in your Kindle app so it's easier to carry, you'll have the details you need to tackle any project involving Microsoft SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) with confidence. Paul Turley is both an acknowledged expert and a great technical writer and along with his co-authors he separates the details from the fluff, providing the professional with what they need to do their job efficiently and effectively. You can never go wrong with a WROX Professional series book.
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Computers & Technology > Databases > Database Management Systems
- Books > Computers & Technology > Microsoft > Development > SQL Server
- Books > Computers & Technology > Networking & Cloud Computing > Data in the Enterprise > Client-Server Systems
- Books > Computers & Technology > Web Development > Programming > SQL