Professional SQL Server 2005 XML Paperback – Jan 11 2006
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
About the Author
Scott Klein is a software developer and architect, and his passion for SQL Server, .NET, and all things XML led him to Greenville, South Carolina, where he currently works as a SQL/.NET developer for CSI, a software solutions company. He has written several articles for TopXML (www.TopXLM.com) and is a frequent speaker at SQL Server and .NET user groups around Greenville and the surrounding areas. When he is not sitting in front of a computer or spending time with his family, he can usually be found aboard his Yamaha at the local motocross track.
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta)
The only problem with this book is that SQL Server 2005 does not fully support XML Schemas. Because this book was written using a beta product (I believe) perhaps the author could not have know exactly how the final version would shake out. However, partial support of standards is important to any developer. You often find out only by trial and error what is supported and what isn't. The Wrox web site offers nothing of the kind for this book. So buy this book, but be aware if you are using complex XML Schemas there may be some surprises (e.g., notation not supported).
I got the feeling they get to rush in this edition.
But you should take into account that i'm very pedantic.
Search inside before you make your decision.
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Computers & Technology > Databases > Database Management Systems
- Books > Computers & Technology > Databases > XML & Databases
- Books > Computers & Technology > Networking & Cloud Computing > Data in the Enterprise > Client-Server Systems
- Books > Computers & Technology > Software
- Books > Computers & Technology > Web Development > Programming > SQL
- Books > Computers & Technology > Web Development > Programming > XML
- Books > Textbooks > Computer Science & Information Systems > Database Storage & Design
- Books > Textbooks > Computer Science & Information Systems > Programming Languages