Professional Windows Phone 7 Application Development: Building Applications and Games Using Visual Studio, Silverlight, and XNA Paperback – Nov 9 2010
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
From the Back Cover
Test and deploy rich mobile applications for Windows Phone 7
The inclusion of Silverlight and XNA on Microsoft's Windows Phone 7 offers you the opportunity to create unique applications for this smart phone. Using tools such as Visual Studio, Expression Blend, and the device emulator, this book shows you how to take your Windows Phone 7 applications from the drawing board to the marketplace. Helpful examples throughout the book and on the website demonstrate how to design and lay out a Windows Phone 7 application, interact with the device, and even sell your applications.
Professional Windows Phone 7 Application Development:
Provides an overview of Windows Phone 7 tools and user interface basics
Explains how to use the panorama, pivot and map controls, navigate between pages, and work with application settings
Shares techniques for working with multiview applications, autorotating, and autosizing
Offers advice for understanding application lifecycle management and XNA game development
Uncovers tips for utilizing taps, touches, and gestures, and working the camera
Includes downloadable examples from the website and discusses best practices for building mobile applications
Join our Programmer to Programmer forums to ask and answer programming questions about this book, join discussions on the hottest topics in the industry, and connect with fellow programmers from around the world.
Take advantage of free code samples from this book, as well as code samples from hundreds of other books, all ready to use.
Find articles, ebooks, sample chapters, and tables of contents for hundreds of books, and more reference resources on programming topics that matter to you.
Wrox Professional guides are planned and written by working programmers to meet the real-world needs of programmers, developers, and IT professionals. Focused and relevant, they address the issues technology professionals face every day. They provide examples, practical solutions, and expert education in new technologies, all designed to help programmers do a better job.
About the Author
Nick Randolph is a Microsoft MVP in Device Application Development, and a solutions architect at Built To Roam, where he builds rich mobile applications. He is also the author of Professional Visual Studio 2008 and Professional Visual Studio 2010.
Christopher Fairbairn is a Microsoft MVP in Device Application Development and has developed custom solutions and commercial products for platforms including Palm OS, Windows Mobile, iPhone, and J2ME.
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta)
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Computers & Technology > Microsoft > Development > .NET
- Books > Computers & Technology > Microsoft > Operating Systems
- Books > Computers & Technology > Mobile Phones, Tablets & E-Readers > Handheld & Mobile Devices
- Books > Computers & Technology > Mobile Phones, Tablets & E-Readers > Programming & App Development
- Books > Computers & Technology > Programming > Game Programming
- Books > Computers & Technology > Programming > Software Design, Testing & Engineering > Software Development
- Books > Professional & Technical > Engineering > Electrical & Electronics > Electronics
- Books > Professional & Technical > Engineering > Telecommunications
- Books > Textbooks > Computer Science & Information Systems > Graphics & Visualization