- Actors: Noomi Rapace, Michael Fassbender, Charlize Theron, Idris Elba, Guy Pearce
- Directors: Ridley Scott
- Format: DTS Surround Sound, NTSC, Dolby, Subtitled, Widescreen
- Language: English, French
- Subtitles: English, French, Spanish
- Dubbed: Spanish
- Region: Region A/1
- Aspect Ratio: 2.40:1
- Number of discs: 1
- Canadian Home Video Rating : Ages 14 and over
- MPAA Rating:
- Studio: 20th Century Fox Home Entertainment
- Release Date: Oct. 9 2012
- Run Time: 248 minutes
- Average Customer Review: 280 customer reviews
- ASIN: B008R9GZVE
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: #19,172 in Movies & TV Shows (See Top 100 in Movies & TV Shows)
Prometheus (Bilingual) [Blu-ray + DVD + Digital Copy]
Angel: The Complete Series is $24.99
One Day Deal: Angel: The Complete Series is at a special one day price. Offer valid on December 15, applies only to purchases of products sold by Amazon.ca, and does not apply to products sold by third-party merchants and other sellers through the Amazon.ca site. Learn more.
Frequently bought together
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Legendary director Ridley Scott (Alien, Blade Runner) returns to his sci-fi origins in this epic adventure bursting with spectacular action and mind-blowing visual effects. A team of scientists and explorers travels to the darkest corners of the universe searching for the origins of human life. Instead they find a dark, twisted world that hides a terrifying threat capable of destroying them...and all mankind!
You want an alien world created anew, with wonders and horrors lurking in its furrows? You go to Ridley Scott, of course, spectacle maker and pictorialist par excellence. So Prometheus is bound to be eye filling, with fully wrought planetary vistas and occasionally jaw-dropping visual coups. And did we use the word alien back there? Yes, folks, Prometheus is a prequel, in a sideways sort of fashion, to Scott's 1979 Alien original--or at least it's a long-distant stage setter for that story. This one begins with a space mission that could reveal the extraterrestrial roots of Earth, although what's buried out on the planet turns out to be much more complicated than expected. In the midst of suspenseful episodes (and a few contrived plot turns), Prometheus reaches for Big Answers to Big Questions, in a grand old sci-fi tradition. This lends the movie a hint of metaphysical energy, even if Scott's reach extends well, well beyond his grasp. The hokier moments are carried off with brio by Michael Fassbender (the robot on board), Charlize Theron, and Idris Elba, and then you've got Noomi Rapace entering the badass hall of fame for a long, oh-no-they-didn't sequence involving radical surgery, which might just induce the vapors in a few viewers. Even if Prometheus has its holes, the sheer size of the thing is exciting to be around. Because this movie is gigantic. --Robert Horton.
A team of scientists journey through the universe on the spaceship "Prometheus" on a voyage to investigate Alien life forms. The team of scientists becomes stranded on an Alien world, and as they struggle to survive it becomes clear that the horrors they experience are not just a threat to themselves, but to all of mankind. - WellardRockard
A team of explorers discover a clue to the origins of mankind on Earth, leading them on a journey to the darkest corners of the universe. There, they must fight a terrifying battle to save the future of the human race.
Meet the Characters
- Noomi Rapace as Elizabeth Shaw captured the eyes of the international entertainment community with her commanding, unnerving and critically acclaimed portrayal of Lisbeth Salander in the film adaptations of Stieg Larsson's Millennium Trilogy: The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo, The Girl Who Played With Fire, and The Girl Who Kicked The Hornet's Nest. Rapace began her acting career at the age of seven, in Iceland's In the Shadow of the Raven. She has since gone to appear in over twenty films and television shows. Born in Sweden, Rapace is the daughter of Flamenco singer Rogelio Duran. Shaw, an archaeologist, discovers a clue to the origins of mankind on Earth, leading her and a team of scientists and explorers on a thrilling journey, aboard the spaceship Prometheus, to the darkest corners of the universe. There, they must fight a terrifying battle to save the future of the human race. Shaw and her team aboard the Prometheus are on nothing less than a journey to discover answers to some of life’s most profound questions. She is a scientist filled with faith and hope, but who transforms into a warrior when faced with the danger she encounters at her destination.
Customers who bought this item also bought
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Now onto the 4K HDR transfer; it was everything I expected. The uptick in skin texture, fabrics and scenery is brilliant. HDR provide adds a much need brightness and clarity in dark scene and a new level of depth and contrast in others. I deducted 1 star for the omission of a Dolby Atmos or DTS X soundtrack. This movie could have definitely benefited from the immersion from additional height channels.
As Aliens Convenant was a complete disaster I'm glad this re-release came out the same time.
Want to see more reviews on this item?
Most recent customer reviews