- You'll save an extra 5% on Books purchased from Amazon.ca, now through July 29th. No code necessary, discount applied at checkout. Here's how (restrictions apply)
Psychiatric Drugs Explained Paperback – Dec 3 2008
|New from||Used from|
Special Offers and Product Promotions
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
"This edition, like the others, gives a clear and easy to read review of medication used in a range of psychiatric disorders. The book is structured around treatments for severe and enduring mental illness, minor mental health problems, sleep disorders, sexual problems and dependence and withdrawal... It is a credit to Dr. Healy that he can make such a complex topic as psychopharmacology easy to read, clear and engaging. If this book seems critical of the interests of 'big pharma' and the complicity of professionals in generating a market for psychiatric drugs, then maybe that is no bad thing." Nurse Education in Process, May 2009
About the Author
est psychiatre, historien de la psychiatrie, chercheur en psychopharmacologie, et directeur au North Wales Department of Psychological Medicine, College of Médicine, Cardiff University, Bangor, Royaume-Uni. Il est internationalement connu pour ses recherches et écrits sur les psychotropes.
Top Customer Reviews
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta)
Although the 4th edition was published in 2005 it does not mention many of the newer drugs like Lexapro,Trileptal, Abilify, Modafinil etc . I did not find the "User Issues" text boxes to be an innovation or of much help.
This is definitely not a book for quick reference. And it is expensive too!
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Health, Fitness & Dieting > Psychology & Counseling > Psychopharmacology
- Books > Medical Books > Medicine > Internal Medicine > Psychiatry
- Books > Medical Books > Nursing > Psychiatric
- Books > Medical Books > Pharmacology > Neuropsychopharmacology
- Books > Medical Books > Pharmacology > Pain Medicine
- Books > Science & Math > Medicine > Nursing > Psychiatric
- Books > Science & Math > Medicine > Pharmacology > Pain Medicine
- Books > Science & Math > Medicine > Specialties > Psychiatry
- Books > Textbooks > Medicine > Medicine > Clinical > Pain Medicine
- Books > Textbooks > Medicine > Medicine > Clinical > Psychiatry
- Books > Textbooks > Medicine > Nursing > Clinical > Psychiatric