Psychology For Kids, Book With CD-Rom: 40 Fun Tests That Help You Learn About Yourself Paperback – Jul 30 2008
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
About the Author
Jonni Kincher was born in Oklahoma and grew up in Colorado and California. She received her education in psychology at California State University, San Bernardino. Her interest in psychology began when she was in third grade, but there weren't many psychology books for young children back then,so she designed special courses in academic psychology for third grade through high school and created her own materials.
Top Customer Reviews
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta)
It concentrates on self-discovery and self-awareness and consists mainly of various personality tests. Those are very well done. They are engaging and child-friendly, yet also manage to plug in concepts and relate the tests to real life, without overloading the reader with academic language or emotionally heavy material. Conceptually, it is accurate and, while simple, not at all dumbed down.
It also gives ideas for projects, essays and assignments to link the material with the rest of the curriculum. The books has a few illustrations (black-and-white cartoons).
To make it clear, you will NOT find information on theoretical and experimental psychology in this book, no name dropping and theory outlines, no experimental design or discussion of famous experiments, etc. This is not a textbook, and even as a supplementary reading will likely be too juvenile for a high-schooler.
The best way to read this book is to take a chapter or two at a time, go through it together with your kid, compare your test results and discuss anything related to the topic that comes to your mind: give more depth to the definitions, discuss problems that may arise in this or that, try and figure out how you would study that if you were an experimental psychologist, etc.
Enjoy this book!
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Children's Books > Activities, Crafts & Games > Activity Books
- Books > Children's Books > Activities, Crafts & Games > Crafts & Hobbies
- Books > Children's Books > Activities, Crafts & Games > Games
- Books > Children's Books > Education & Reference
- Books > Children's Books > Geography & Cultures > Cultural Studies
- Books > Children's Books > Growing Up & Facts of Life > Friendship, Social Skills & School Life > Self-Esteem & Self-Respect
- Books > Health, Fitness & Dieting > Personal Health > Teen Health > Mental Health
- Books > Health, Fitness & Dieting > Psychology & Counseling > Child Psychology > Development
- Books > Teens > Health, Mind & Body > Mental Health
- Books > Teens > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Science Fiction
- Books > Teens > Social Issues