Public and Parliamentary Speeches: Volumes XXVIII-XXIX Hardcover – Dec 1 1988
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
`Readers of Utilitas will not need to reminded of the unimpeachable standards of accuracy, informativeness already established by the Toronto edition ... It may seem needless, perhaps on my part even presumptuous, to express admiration for the sustained excellence of this edition, yet the combination of qualities it displays are rare and by no means to be taken for granted. - Stefan Collini, Utilitas --This text refers to an alternate Hardcover edition.
About the Author
John Stuart Mill was an English philosopher, politician and economist most famous for his contributions to the theory of utilitarianism. The author of numerous influential political treatises, Mill s writings on liberty, freedom of speech, democracy and economics have helped to form the foundation of modern liberal thought. His 1859 work, On Liberty, is particularly noteworthy for helping to address the nature and limits of the power of the state over the individual. Mills has become one of the most influential figures in nineteenth-century philosophy, and his writings are still widely studied and analyzed by scholars. Mills died in 1873 at the age of 66.
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Biographies & Memoirs > Ethnic & National > Irish
- Books > History > Europe > England > 19th Century
- Books > History > Europe > Ireland
- Books > Politics & Social Sciences > Philosophy > History & Surveys
- Books > Politics & Social Sciences > Philosophy > Modern
- Books > Politics & Social Sciences > Philosophy > Political
- Books > Textbooks > Humanities > History > Europe
- Books > Textbooks > Humanities > Philosophy > History & Surveys