No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Quest and Crew: A True Sailing Adventure Kindle Edition
|New from||Used from|
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Top Customer Reviews
With absolutely no clue of how to sail, the writer takes you on an adventure from the moment of his having to "sell" the very idea of "them buying a boat and going off-shore" to his wife. He then takes you through the purchase of the boat and the process of acquiring the knowledge needed to finally becoming Blue Water Sailors. With just the right amount of humour, the writer displays an uncanny ability to impart knowledge to the reader. This book is so articulately written, it even contains a glossary of terms at the end.
In our opinion, the rating scale at Amazon does not go high enough for what this book has to offer and it would be a bargain at twice the price!
Marlene & John Wallace
Nanaimo, B.C. Canada
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta)
I recommend this book to anyone who longs for what we all threaten one day to do............to stop the world and get on a boat and let may happen be part of what defines us and we are better because of it!!
Thank you Dave and Wendy for sharing your experiences..........
Any husband and wife who have boated together especially in Florida, can relate to the experiences shared in this book. I highly recommend it.
The book started with a slightly dry prose as it describes Quest's encounter with a hurricane. After a chapter or two the story took over and I couldn't put it down. David flips the timeline between their newbie preparation on learning to sail, preparing the boat and all the exciting encounters as they sail their way down to the Caribbean. I learnt a lot about sailing too, but I mostly was drawn into their lives on and off deck.
If you are a sailor, this book is an obvious choice. Even if you are not, like me, I was glad I went along for the ride metaphorically, on board the Bayfield 36.
The stories in this book are very entertaining and engaging. I laughed out loud throughout the book and often shook my head in amazement at what this couple experienced in deciding to live aboard a sail boat. For anyone imagining life at sea, this is a must-read. For my fellow ‘land-lubbers’, it’s also a must-read for the sheer fun of it.
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Sports & Outdoors > Outdoor Recreation > Sailing
- Books > Sports & Outdoors > Water Sports > Sailing
- Books > Travel > Specialty Travel > Adventure
- Kindle Store > English Language Store
- Kindle Store > Kindle Exclusives
- Kindle Store > Kindle Unlimited
- Kindle Store > Kindle Unlimited > Sports & Outdoors > Outdoor Recreation
- Kindle Store > Kindle Unlimited > Sports & Outdoors > Water Sports
- Kindle Store > Kindle Unlimited > Travel > Specialty Travel
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Sports & Outdoors > Outdoor Recreation > Sailing
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Sports & Outdoors > Water Sports > Sailing
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Travel > Specialty Travel > Adventure