Raising the Global Floor: Dismantling the Myth That We Cant Afford Good Working Conditions for Everyone Hardcover – Nov 17 2009
|New from||Used from|
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
"A major contribution to the global human rights movement"Ann Crittenden, author of The Price of Motherhood and former economics reporter for the New York Times
"This is an unprecedented studyan outstanding mix of government reports, surveys, and data comparing countries across the globe on key policies surrounding work, family and community. The authors demonstrate quite convincingly that governments can enact legislation on working conditions for all without hurting companies and countries economically. Their data show that, indeed, there is global consensus on certain labor practices, which alone makes this book required reading for policymakers and human resource personnel."Rosanna Hertz, Professor of Sociology and Women's Studies, Wellesley College
"This is a well-written, thoroughly researched, compelling, and important book. Policy-makers, especially in the United States, should give it close attention."Ron Saunders, Institute for Work & Health, Toronto
"Raising the Global Floor is among the most persuasive, eye-opening, and timely books I've ever read. Every employer, activist, and policy maker should read this remarkable book!"John de Graaf, Executive Director, Take Back Your Time
About the Author
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta)
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Business & Investing > Economics > Comparative
- Books > Business & Investing > Economics > Labour & Industrial Relations
- Books > Business & Investing > Economics > Unemployment
- Books > Business & Investing > Popular Economics > Labour Policy
- Books > Business & Investing > Processes & Infrastructure > Workplace
- Books > Law > Current Affairs
- Books > Politics & Social Sciences > Politics > Labour & Industrial Relations
- Books > Professional & Technical > Accounting & Finance > Economics > Comparative
- Books > Professional & Technical > Accounting & Finance > Economics > Labour & Industrial Relations
- Books > Professional & Technical > Accounting & Finance > Economics > Unemployment