- You'll save an extra 5% on Books purchased from Amazon.ca, now through July 29th. No code necessary, discount applied at checkout. Here's how (restrictions apply)
The Real Paleo Diet Cookbook: 250 All-New Recipes from the Paleo Expert Hardcover – Mar 3 2015
|New from||Used from|
Special Offers and Product Promotions
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
The Paleo Diet helps you lose fat, improve your health, and feel great." - Robb Wolf, author of the bestselling The Paleo Solution
"In The Paleo Diet and The Paleo Diet Cookbook , Dr. Cordain shows how diets high in grains, dairy, vegetable oils, salt, and refined sugars are at odds with our genetic legacy and then shares his uncomplicated strategy for losing weight and getting healthy." - Arthur De Vany, Ph.D., author of The New Evolution Diet
"Loren Cordain hits another home run with The Real Paleo Diet Cookbook! Cordain is one of the pioneers in Paleo Diet research, not a copycat author, and this book explains the basic tenets of the diet, while providing a rational approach for adopting it so readers don't feel like they have to don a loincloth. This book is beautifully illustrated, and the recipes are nothing short of delicious and fun to prepare. This is really the gourmet Paleo Diet." - Jack Challem, author of The Inflammation Syndrome and No More Fatigue .
"There is no one more knowledgeable on the Paleo diet than Loren Cordain. And I'm just not saying that because he's a good friend and a co-author of our book, The Paleo Diet for Athletes. I've been following his dietary advice since 1994. It works!" - Joe Friel, Coach and Author
"The cookbook for the Paleo gourmet! These recipes are delicious, healthy, and visually stunning, with innovative flavor combinations and use of spices. More importantly, this book presents clearly and concisely which foods belong on the Paleo diet and which do not, along with why. Even experienced Paleo chefs will find that these recipes expand and enliven the Paleo palate." - Lynda Frassetto, MD
About the Author
LOREN CORDAIN, Ph.D., is one of the top global researchers in the area of evolutionary medicine. Generally acknowledged as the world's leading expert on the Paleolithic diet, he is a professor emeritus in the Health and Exercise Science Department at Colorado State University. Dr. Cordain and his research have been featured on Dateline NBC and in the New York Times , the Wall Street Journal , and other media. He is the author of The Paleo Diet and The Paleo Diet Cookbook , among other books, and makes regular media and speaking appearances worldwide.
From the Publisher
Seared Scallops with Beet Relish from The Real Paleo Diet Cookbook
Start to finish: 30 minutes | Servings: 4
For a beautiful golden crust, be sure the surface of the scallops is really dry—and that the pan is nice and hot—before adding them to the pan. Also, let the scallops sear without disturbing them for 2 to 3 minutes, carefully checking before turning.
1. Thaw scallops, if frozen.
2. For beet relish, in a medium bowl combine beets, apple, jalapeños, cilantro, onion, 2 tablespoons of the olive oil, and lime juice. Mix well. Set aside while preparing scallops.
3. Rinse scallops; pat dry with paper towels. In a large skillet heat the remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil over medium-high heat. Add scallops; sauté for 4 to 6 minutes or until golden brown on the exterior and barely opaque. Sprinkle scallops lightly with white pepper.
4. To serve, divide beet relish evenly among serving plates; top with scallops. Serve immediately.
- 1 pound fresh or frozen sea scallops, patted dry with paper towels
- 3 medium red beets, peeled and cut chopped
- 1/2 of a Granny Smith apple, peeled and chopped
- 2 jalapeños, stemmed, seeded, and minced
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped red onion
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- White pepper
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Top Customer Reviews
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Cookbooks, Food & Wine > Special Diet > Healthy
- Books > Cookbooks, Food & Wine > Special Diet > Low Fat
- Books > Health, Fitness & Dieting > Diets & Weight Loss > Diets > Weight Loss
- Books > Health, Fitness & Dieting > Diets & Weight Loss > Special Conditions > Low-Fat Diet
- Books > Health, Fitness & Dieting > Nutrition > Healthy Cooking