- Paperback: 304 pages
- Publisher: Impact Publishers; 3 edition (Nov. 1 1999)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1886230692
- ISBN-13: 978-1886230699
- Product Dimensions: 14.6 x 1.9 x 22.9 cm
- Shipping Weight: 408 g
- Average Customer Review: 53 customer reviews
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: #128,985 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
Rebuilding: When Your Relationship Ends Paperback – Nov 26 2015
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Customers who bought this item also bought
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
One of the best books written for the divorcing person
- the Behavior Therapist " deals with the everyday feelings and problems of the divorcing and divorced hits just the right balance between seriousness and optimism."
- Florence Kaslow, PhD , Journal of Marital and Family Therapy " a handbook for the divorcing and divorced that is authentic and which they can employ in the rebuilding of their own lives."
- Esther Oshiver Fisher, JD , Journal of Divorce " warm, simple, and direct this is a book you will not want to put down."
- A.R.E. Press "I found the book comforting, helpful and realistic-it is going to hurt, and it will not be easy, but you can do it."
- Marilyn Anita Dalrymple , Affaire de Coeur "If you're putting your life back together after a divorce, you need this book! It could be just what you're looking for to help you get your life back on track. I found it to be very interesting and informative."
- Jeanette Wright , Borger News-Herald, Borger, Texas "Shows you how to move from denial to freedom and even another love."
- Jann Mitchell , The Sunday Oregonian " exactly what you need to help put your life back together during and after a divorce."
- Divorce Magazine "I have read it four times and highlighted it in four different colors. I get something very different out of it each time I have given it to many others It is so right on about the recovery process that it is amazing."
- Joy (online review) "It made me realize I was not the only person who felt and acted in a certain way when my marriage ended. We all have the same reactions and emotions. The steps to rebuilding your life make sense and should be followed."
- Linda (online review) "
About the Author
Bruce Fisher, EdD, (1931-1998) developed the 'rebuilding' model of divorce recovery nearly forty years ago. As founder and director of the Family Relations Learning Center in Boulder, CO, he personally trained thousands of individuals and therapists in this approach, enriching the lives of hundreds of thousands worldwide. He was a popular divorce therapist, author, teacher, and clinical member of the American Association for Marriage and Family Therapy. Rebuilding, Fisher's best-selling guide to surviving divorce, has over a million copies in print in the United States, and editions in ten languages. His other books include Loving Choices, with Nina Hart, and the Rebuilding Facilitator's Manual, with Jere Bierhaus.
Robert Alberti, PhD, has received international recognition for his writing and editing, which is often praised as the gold standard" for psychological self-help. Recently retired from a long career as a psychologist, marriage and family therapist, book author, editor, and publisher, Alberti's now inactive professional affiliations include licensure as a psychologist and marriage and family therapist in California, life membership and fellowship of the American Psychological Association (APA), clinical membership in the American Association for Marriage and Family Therapy (AAMFT), and fifty years of professional membership in the American Counseling Association (ACA). Alberti's publishing achievements include eight books, newsletters for a number of organizations, dozens of articles, and the editing of more than 100 popular and professional psychology books by other authors.
His "formal" publications career began in 1970 with the first edition of Your Perfect Right, coauthored with Michael Emmons. Now in its tenth revised edition, Your Perfect Right has over 1.3 million copies in print in the United States, and has been published in translation in more than twenty languages around the world. Alberti also collaborated with the late divorce therapist Bruce Fisher on Rebuilding, a best-selling guide to surviving divorce, which has over 1 million copies in print and editions in ten languages.
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Read reviews that mention
Showing 1-8 of 53 reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Each person is very different. My parents are very different. But this book seems to work for each of them in a different way. And for the price... it's worth a shot!
Want to see more reviews on this item?