- Paperback: 304 pages
- Publisher: Impact Publishers; 3 edition (Nov. 1 1999)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1886230692
- ISBN-13: 978-1886230699
- Product Dimensions: 22.9 x 15.3 x 1.8 cm
- Shipping Weight: 408 g
- Average Customer Review: 57 customer reviews
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: #81,920 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
Rebuilding: When Your Relationship Ends Paperback – Nov 1 1999
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
One of the best books written for the divorcing person
- the Behavior Therapist " deals with the everyday feelings and problems of the divorcing and divorced hits just the right balance between seriousness and optimism."
- Florence Kaslow, PhD , Journal of Marital and Family Therapy " a handbook for the divorcing and divorced that is authentic and which they can employ in the rebuilding of their own lives."
- Esther Oshiver Fisher, JD , Journal of Divorce " warm, simple, and direct this is a book you will not want to put down."
- A.R.E. Press "I found the book comforting, helpful and realistic-it is going to hurt, and it will not be easy, but you can do it."
- Marilyn Anita Dalrymple , Affaire de Coeur "If you're putting your life back together after a divorce, you need this book! It could be just what you're looking for to help you get your life back on track. I found it to be very interesting and informative."
- Jeanette Wright , Borger News-Herald, Borger, Texas "Shows you how to move from denial to freedom and even another love."
- Jann Mitchell , The Sunday Oregonian " exactly what you need to help put your life back together during and after a divorce."
- Divorce Magazine "I have read it four times and highlighted it in four different colors. I get something very different out of it each time I have given it to many others It is so right on about the recovery process that it is amazing."
- Joy (online review) "It made me realize I was not the only person who felt and acted in a certain way when my marriage ended. We all have the same reactions and emotions. The steps to rebuilding your life make sense and should be followed."
- Linda (online review) "
From the Publisher
Books in the Rebuilding Books series "for divorce and beyond" are written for those going through divorce or rebuilding their lives after divorce. Inspired by the work of renowned divorce therapist, Dr. Bruce Fisher, the Rebuilding Books offer expert information and practical self-help procedures. These straightforward, life-affirming resources can help make the divorce process easier, healthier, and less painful, leading to more-fulfilled lives and stronger "second-time" relationships. --This text refers to an alternate Paperback edition.See all Product description
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Top customer reviews
After purchasing a few books that did really nothing for me, a friend recommended this book to me.
I wished that I had found this book earlier. This book is like a relationship bible. It has practical steps on how to get through the pain, talks about the different feelings that you will go through and coming through the other side into your new life just to name a few. There will be times when you read it and will totally identify with what's being said. This book contains many little 'gold nuggets' of information. Little gems of wisdowm sprinkled throughout the book.
This book was the best one out there that I found and it was very much worth the money. This is the only book that you will need. You won't be disappointed.
Have faith and trust that you will recover. I did.
The book presents a series of 19 building blocks that most separated people progress through (starting with such nasties as Fear, Loneliness, Anger and even Guilt) leading all the way to Freedom. Not everyone progresses through the building blocks in the same sequence, nor in the same amount of time. Some people get stuck at some stages and, I think, this is the book's greatest strength. It reminds us that there are feelings we need to work through BEFORE we can really consider ourselves healed (or mostly healed). And we're really not very useful to ourselves (or our children) if we don't take the effort to start that healing. We deserve better. We deserve being all that we can be and progressing through those blocks will help you do so.
It is not an easy ready since it does make us really think but I have found the advice (after 3 years of being separated) is solid, practical and true .... sometimes in hindsight (as in ... "d'oh they were right").
Want to see more reviews on this item?
Most recent customer reviews
Look for similar items by category