Reef Fish Identification: Tropical Pacific Paperback – Oct 1 2003
There is a newer edition of this item:
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
A comprehensive fish identification guide covering the fish-rich reefs of the Pacific. 2,500 underwater photographs of 2,000 species from 4 of the best marine authors/photographers in the business. Every effort has been made to group similar appearing species together.
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Top Customer Reviews
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta)
The only drawback we find is the bizarre choice of common names. There are already a plethora of other books out there with common names fairly well established in Fiji by Lieske&Meyers. Seems to follow more of an Australian theme for these than the prevous Paul Humman books which use the American common names.
But overal a MUST for any diver who visits the Tropical Pacific. If you use it in conjunction with Lieske&Meyers then if you don;t find the fish you're looking at, prepare to be published!
The book is well written and organized. The quality of the photos could be a bit better, but fish are really difficult to photograph, so the authors are to be congratulated for taking, gathering organizing and publishind these photos, it is a labor of love and much appreciated by us admirers of fish. Hopefully newer editions will include better digital photos and more species of these gorgerous fish.
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Science & Math > Biological Sciences > Biology
- Books > Science & Math > Nature & Ecology > Animals > Fish & Sharks
- Books > Science & Math > Nature & Ecology > Fauna > Fish & Sharks
- Books > Science & Math > Nature & Ecology > Fauna > Marine Life
- Books > Science & Math > Nature & Ecology > Field Guides > Fish
- Books > Science & Math > Nature & Ecology > Oceans & Seas > Coral Reefs
- Books > Science & Math > Nature & Ecology > Oceans & Seas > Marine Life
- Books > Science & Math > Nature & Ecology > Reference
- Books > Sports & Outdoors > Field Guides > Fish
- Books > Sports & Outdoors > Outdoor Recreation > Scuba
- Books > Sports & Outdoors > Water Sports > Scuba