Untitled Document Release Your Kinetic Chain with Exercises for the Shoulder
This book can help you recover from injuries to the shoulder, arms, elbow, wrist, and hands. Use the intelligently designed, easy-to-follow exercise routines to rehabilitate, strengthen, and restore the function of muscles from your Shoulders to Hands.
Written for the general public, by the internationally best-selling authors of 'Release Your Pain', this hard-copy book features 270 pages of information, illustrations, and exercises. HOW CAN THIS BOOK HELP YOU
People often try to use exercise to resolve conditions such as Carpal Tunnel Syndrome, Tendonitis, hand pain, wrist pain, arm pain, or shoulder pain. However, poorly selected exercises can actually aggravate the problem! In fact, many exercises can actually cause new injuries.
This book focuses on giving you carefully constructed exercise routines that progressively increase muscular endurance, improve neurological motor control, and address all the key elements of your kinetic chain! Use this book's unique 3-phase approach to address all the kinetic chain structures, rather than just the "site of pain". You will:
THE IMPORTANCE OF ACTIVATING YOUR KINETIC CHAIN
- Rehabilitate your body after an injury.
- Prepare your body for sport or athletic performance training.
- Work with a "pain-free" zone for the Beginner and Intermediate routines.
- Use the Advanced routines to transition you into the Performance or Athletic arenas.
What's a kinetic chain? Visualize the kinetic chain as a layered, inter-connected, multi-level spider web. In your body, this web is made up of soft-tissue fibers - muscles, tendons, ligaments, fascia and connective tissue.
A knot, break, or dysfunction in any layer of this web impacts all the surrounding connections, as well as the structures in the layers above and below the injured area. Restrictions can form in one or more of these layers from your injury. Treating or exercising just the "point of pain"obviously will not solve the whole problem. It is necessary to also address all the other layers, structures, and issues...that is...the kinetic web!
Rather than working with only the single area of injury, the exercise routines in this book treat your body as a dynamic web of interconnected links - a kinetic chain. Use these routines to recover from injuries such as:
- Hand pain caused by stiffness, overuse, or injury.
- Carpal Tunnel and other related nerve entrapment syndromes.
- Tennis or Golfer's Elbow.
- Shoulder pain caused by stress, trauma, or repetitive strain.
- Wrist Pain
- Tendonitis of the arm or elbow.
- Other soft-tissue injuries to the tissues of the hand, arm, or shoulder.