Relentless Hardcover – Jun 7 2006
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Parrish's latest opens upon a world so tilted--people are "shifted" into new bodies, while their old bodies and personalities proceed--that it brings Philip K. Dick to mind. Gradually, the Dick-like paranoia itself shifts into flourishes of sword-and-sorcery and a cast of characters rather like X-Men. Psychokinesis is the theme, and Parrish makes it seem plausible, as his reluctant hero, Collin Boyd/Grant Borrows, discovers his powers in a kind of spiritual journey. The cliff-hanging plot mostly holds up, and the pace is, well, relentless. It's almost as though Parrish has too much talent and can't quite bring it under control. Nonetheless, another of Bethany's sf writers, Randall Ingermanson comes to mind, and Parrish is every bit as skilled. John Mort
Copyright © American Library Association. All rights reserved
About the Author
For years, debut novelist ROBIN PARRISH has covered the world of Christian culturemusic, books, film, comics, and moreas a journalist. Currently he serves as the founder and editor-in-chief of InFuze Magazine, a cutting-edge online magazine poised at the intersection of art, culture, and faith. Robin and his wife live in High Point, North Carolina.
Top Customer Reviews
A man has had appearance and name etc switch and he is now being stalked by a killer. We start to learn half-way - why he is being stalked and why the switch and what it has to do with special giftedness.
Good suspense. Have to suspend your belief a few times but it is entertaining.
The formatting on the Kindle was quite strange with wide line spacing and some highlighted (Black Background) which was difficult to read. Also there were a couple of passages in script which I found too small to read without zooming.
The ebook needs some editing. Minor things, like where there should be a break in the story, or change of location but the paragraph reads like it continues on with the precious story line. Also, the font size kept changing which was distracting (if there was a point to it changing, then I missed it).
Most recent customer reviews
I have joyed this book and look forward to reading the next. Unsure of where it's taking us but I guess that is the point. Mysterious yet a definite story of evil fighting good.Published on May 18 2014 by Jim Williams
It seemed he was grasping to find a finish and the whole book never really made any sense, will not be reading any other books by this author.Published on June 28 2013 by Oma Van
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Christian Books & Bibles > Literature & Fiction > Fiction
- Books > Christian Books & Bibles > Literature & Fiction > Mystery
- Books > Christian Books & Bibles > Literature & Fiction > Science Fiction & Fantasy
- Books > Christian Living Store > Sci-Fi & Fantasy
- Books > Literature & Fiction > Genre Fiction > Religious & Inspirational > Christian > Fiction
- Books > Literature & Fiction > Genre Fiction > Religious & Inspirational > Christian > Mystery
- Books > Literature & Fiction > Genre Fiction > Religious & Inspirational > Christian > Science Fiction & Fantasy
- Books > Literature & Fiction > Genre Fiction > Religious & Inspirational > Mystery
- Books > Mystery, Thriller & Suspense > Thrillers & Suspense > Suspense
- Books > Religion & Spirituality > Fiction > Mystery