Representations of Finite Groups of Lie Type Paperback – Sep 19 2002
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
"...clearly written, well-organized, and has proofs wherever possible. There are also many examples illustrating the theory." Bhama Srinivasan, Mathematical Reviews
From the Back Cover
This book is based on a graduate course taught at the University of Paris. The authors aim to treat the basic theory of representations of finite groups of Lie type, such as linear, unitary, orthogonal and symplectic groups. They emphasise the Curtis-Alvis duality map and Mackey's theorem and the results that can de deduced from it.See all Product Description
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Education & Reference > Dictionaries & Thesauruses > Science
- Books > Professional & Technical > Professional Science > Mathematics > Pure Mathematics
- Books > Science & Math > Mathematics > Pure Mathematics > Algebra
- Books > Science & Math > Mathematics > Pure Mathematics > Finite Mathematics
- Books > Science & Math > Mathematics > Pure Mathematics > Group Theory
- Books > Textbooks > Sciences > Mathematics > Algebra & Trigonometry