Retail Hell: How I Sold My Soul to the Store Paperback – Oct 18 2010
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
About the Author
Freeman Hall began slaving in retail at the age of twenty at Macy's. His most notable experience was with specialty clothing store Nordstrom, where he spent fifteen years as an award-winning handbag manager and salesperson. In 2007, he created the popular "Retail Hell Underground" blog and videos, generating a satirical sounding board for retail slaves worldwide.
Top Customer Reviews
There were a couple ladies in line behind her. After an aghast couple of moments at this unconscionable behaviour we all exchanged wry glances with each other.
"Hello!" I said brightly, ignoring the drama with as much grace as I could (I had a little brother so I DID have a lot of experience).
"This is a lovely piece of Simon Chang. I have met him and he's truly delightful!...."
And we all chatted as I wrapped purchases in tissue paper and put them in our pretty boxes and then finally, in our expensive glossy shop bags.
After about five minutes the middle-aged (!!!) woman on the floor got up and with as much dignity as possible, stalked out.
The moment she left the threshold every single person in our store started giggling,
"Oh my," asked one woman, "Does that happen often?"
"Oh, no," I said, smiling at her, "It has only happened once before."
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Biographies & Memoirs > Memoirs
- Books > Biographies & Memoirs > Professionals & Academics > Business
- Books > Business & Investing > Biography & History > Captains of Industry
- Books > Business & Investing > Industries & Professions > Customer Service
- Books > Business & Investing > Industries & Professions > Retailing
- Books > Humour & Entertainment > Humour > Business
- Books > Humour & Entertainment > Humour > Business & Professional
- Books > Professional & Technical > Business Management > Marketing & Sales > Customer Service