Reviving The American Spirit: A Commonsense Approach to Revive America Hardcover – Jan 9 2006
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta)
Keith Butler is a Republican who was elected to the Detroit City Council in 1989 despite the fact that 88% of Detroiters are Democrats. Although Butler is a core-values conservative, liberals will have a hard time disagreeing with Butler's cogent and insightful exposition of conservative principles.
-How the harvesting of natural resources and protecting the environment need not be at odds
-Immigration reform that promises justice for all
-How "Pro-Life" is a woman-affirming stance
-How the flat-tax benefits the poor by untaxing them while eliminating the $700 billion wasted yearly simply on tax collecting compliance.
-Faith-based measures work. (Brazil's Humaita Prison has a shockingly low 16% recidivism rate)
Butler contrasts the exemplary civil rights record of the Republican party with the shockingly poor record of the Democrats in exquisite detail. Butler points out how the conservative values of Blacks make the Republican party a natural fit.
Puncturing liberal myths with measured reason, not malice, Keith Butler just may get his chance to be "Debbie Stabenow's worst nightmare on Election Day" as he promised in the First Senate Debate.
Most importantly Butler's philosophy is one of action, not words. His ministry has fed and clothed 100,000 people in just the last 7 years.
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Christian Books & Bibles > Christian Living
- Books > Christian Living Store > Politics & Current Events
- Books > Politics & Social Sciences > Current Events > Terrorism
- Books > Politics & Social Sciences > Politics > Terrorism
- Books > Politics & Social Sciences > Politics > United States
- Books > Politics & Social Sciences > Social Sciences > Political Science > Government
- Books > Politics & Social Sciences > Social Sciences > Political Science > Political Doctrines
- Books > Religion & Spirituality > Religious Studies > Ethics