Roarks Formulas Stress & Strain Paperback – Mar 2002
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
From the Back Cover
The Ultimate Roark's now includes--
* New material
* More tables and case studies
* Easier-to-read notations and figures
* More accessible layout
* Consistent table and equation numbering
* More on experimental stress analysis and stress concentrations
* New data on material behavior under stress and strain including appendix on composite materials
* Updated tables
With each succeeding edition, this renowned reference has proven itself as the be-all, end-all resource for designers, engineers, and analysts working with calculations of loads and stress. The Seventh Edition is no exception, as it carries on the book's tradition of presenting equations and diagrams of structural properties all in an easy-to-use, thumb-through format. Offering readability, the latest edition of Roark's Formulas for Stress and Strain is truly the best Roark's yet, and the one reference that you'll turn to most, project after project, year after year. --This text refers to an out of print or unavailable edition of this title.
About the Author
Warren C. Young is professor emeritus in the department of mechanical engineering at the University of Wisconsin, Madison, where he was on the faculty for over 40 years. Dr. Young has also taught as a visiting professor at Bengal Engineering College in Calcutta, India, and served as chief of the Energy Manpower and Training Project sponsored by USAir in Bandung, Indonesia. Richard G. Budynas is professor of mechanical engineering at Rochester Institute of Technology. He is author of a newly revised McGraw-Hill textbook, Applied Strength and Applied Stress Analysis, 2nd Edition.
Top Customer Reviews
I highly recommend keeping the sixth edition until they figure what is truly important to Structural/Mechanical Engineer.
Most recent customer reviews
I use this book quite frequently. It is rearly out of arms reach. As a professional I find this text to be a valuable problem solving tool.Published on Aug. 6 2013 by Damian Ward
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Bargain Books > Engineering
- Books > Bargain Books > General
- Books > Bargain Books > Professional & Technical > Engineering
- Books > Bargain Books > Professional & Technical > General
- Books > Canada Day Deals > All Deals
- Books > Professional & Technical > Engineering > Civil > Structural
- Books > Professional & Technical > Engineering > Mechanical