- Product Dimensions: 22.9 x 22.9 x 35.6 cm ; 376 g
- Shipping Weight: 794 g
- Item model number: PRM01355
- ASIN: B00A91W0TE
- Date first available at Amazon.ca: Aug. 7 2014
- Average Customer Review: Be the first to review this item
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: #124,811 in Patio, Lawn & Garden (See Top 100 in Patio, Lawn & Garden)
Robert Allen Home and Garden Ravello Planter, 9-Inch, Sanded Clay
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
- Rotationally molded durable, very lightweight and easy to manage planter
- Available in 3 Stunning Colors
- UV Inhibitors
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you've entered a valid question. You can edit your question or post anyway.
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
Our stylish line of Endura Planters resembles the look of hand crafted pottery in an ultra resistant lightweight plastic. Skillful use of roto-molding for processing allows for the planters to look like fine pottery but have the strength and weight of polyethylene. With designs from the classics, to the clean line of contemporary design, there is a style available to complement and enhance every outdoor and indoor living area.
|5 star (0%)|
|4 star (0%)|
|3 star (0%)|
|2 star (0%)|
|1 star (0%)|
Most helpful customer reviews on Amazon.com
(1) very light; thin-walled (about the thickness of a good quality black grower's pot---the nice ones, not the cheapy ones you can crush in one hand) Although the pot is single-walled, it has fold-over construction at the top so you don't have a yucky thin edge showing---the fold-over portion goes down about 3" or so on the inside, so it's nicely finished.
(2) the color finish has a decent amount of dimension so it doesn't look like just flat color, and the finish is somewhat textured to add interest
(3) I bought the 14" version (14 x 14 x 22" high), and I was a little worried about its stability, but when filled with dirt it is very stable and I have no fears about it falling over, even in the crazy winds we sometimes get where I live in the Bay Area.
The less good:
(1) although the list price is consistent with what other "semi-designer" planters are going for, even at big-box home center stores, I think it's kind of crazy to pay that much, and I don't see $$$ worth of design or engineering in this thing
(2) the "sanded clay" color looks kind of like standard clay terra cotta plants online, but in real life, it clashes horribly with 3 of 4 terra of the "real terra cotta" clay pots I have---the only one it coordinates with is a really pale terra cotta pot. If I put it next to the more standard terra cotta pots, you can see that this plastic pot is more pinkish red / orange-y, while the genuine terra cotta pots are more burnt ochre / reddish. Not a big deal if you're using these in isolation, or if you don't care if their color scheme melds with standard terra cotta.
All in all, a nice pot, especially if you manage to get it at at a discount! It has an interesting shape that I could not find at my local big-box stores, where they stocked only the standard big round planters or urn-type planters. Thanks Amazon!