- You'll save an extra 5% on Books purchased from Amazon.ca, now through July 29th. No code necessary, discount applied at checkout. Here's how (restrictions apply)
The Role of the Market in Environmental Protection Paperback – Feb 15 2011
|New from||Used from|
Special Offers and Product Promotions
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
From the Publisher
There is an ongoing debate as to whether market mechanisms can be modified in order to achieve environmental protection. In this book the author outlines the various sides of the debate in an unbiased way and concludes that there is no straightforward answer to the question of whether the market can achieve long-term environmental protection. Topics covered include: neo-classical economics, externality internalisation, the tragedy of the commons, environmental economics, the unsustainability of poverty, the resources for environmental sustainability argument for the market, tradable permits, non-market regulations and contingent valuation.
1 The Market has a Positive Role to Play in Environmental Protection
2 The Market is Responsible for Environmental Degradation and Incapable of Environmental Protection
3 The Role of Regulations in Environmental Protection
4 The Concept of Sustainable Development
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Business & Investing > Economics > Economic Policy & Development
- Books > Business & Investing > Economics > Environmental Economics
- Books > Business & Investing > Economics > Natural Resources
- Books > Politics & Social Sciences > Social Sciences > Political Science > Levels of Government
- Books > Politics & Social Sciences > Social Sciences > Political Science > Public Policy
- Books > Professional & Technical > Accounting & Finance > Economics > Economic Policy & Development
- Books > Professional & Technical > Accounting & Finance > Economics > Natural Resources
- Books > Science & Math > Earth Sciences > Ecology
- Books > Science & Math > Environment > Conservation
- Books > Science & Math > Nature & Ecology > Conservation
- Books > Science & Math > Nature & Ecology > Ecology
- Books > Science & Math > Nature & Ecology > Environment > Conservation