Rosetta Stone English (American) Level 1-5 Set
|List Price:||CDN$ 299.00|
|Price:||CDN$ 229.00 & FREE Shipping. Details|
|You Save:||CDN$ 70.00 (23%)|
- Learn to read, write, and speak in English with Rosetta Stone.
- Build upon a foundation of key English vocabulary, words, and phrases.
- Rosetta Stone moves forward when you are ready. You drive the pace. You set the schedule.
- Practice live online with a native English speaking tutor, and have access to the Rosetta Stone online learning community.
- Take the Rosetta Stone experience with you while on-the-go, free 3 month trial included. Build your English language skills from your tablet and mobile devices.
- The complete English set will enable you to fully express your ideas and opinions in English and master the conversational skills required to plan adventures, care for your health, and move abroad. Talk about government, work, movies, family, and more. Includes everything you need to learn at home and on the go. Learn English today with Rosetta Stone.
- Platform: Windows 10 / 7 / XP / 8, Mac OS X
- Media: CD-ROM
- Item Quantity: 1
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
Edition: English American
Amazon.ca Product Description
Develop your command of the language. From the simple to the complex, gain the confidence to share your ideas and opinions. Develop conversational skills to plan adventures, care for your health, and move abroad. Talk about government, work, movies, and citizenship. Discuss family and traditions, and celebrate success.
From the Manufacturer
On Windows: 2.33GHz or faster x86-compatible processor or Intel Atom 1.6GHz or faster processor for netbooks
On Mac: Intel Core Duo 1.33GHz or faster processor
1 GB of RAM or higher
3 GB free hard-drive space (per level)
1024 x 768 display resolution
Broadband Internet connection
Available port for headset with microphone (not included)
From the Manufacturer
Discover the new Rosetta Stone experience with a Level 1-5 Set
Millions of people around the world have already learned a new language with our award-winning approach. It's no coincidence that Rosetta Stone is the fastest way to learn a language. Our method is effective because it's more than the newest app—it's the result of decades of research into the way people learn best. With the Level 1-5 Set you will develop your command of the language. From the simple to the complex, gain the confidence to share your ideas and opinions. Develop conversational skills to plan adventures, care for your health and move abroad. Talk about government, work, movies and citizenship. Discuss family and traditions and celebrate success.
Level 1-5 Set
What You'll Learn
Levels 1 and 2: 0-100 Hours
Gain confidence by mastering basic conversational skills. This includes greetings, introductions, simple Q&As, and much more.
Levels 3 and 4: 101-200 Hours
Learn to navigate your environment and handle basic interactions. This includes giving and getting directions, using transportation, telling time, eating out and more.
Level 5: 201-250 Hours
Discuss Entertainment, culture, government, and the marketplace. Level 5 is the place to refine and perfect your conversation skills.
You’ll learn through immersion—which means you’ll only hear and speak your new language. Without offering your native language for translation, our interactive immersion encourages you to learn more actively than other methods, which means you’ll be more successful.
Our advanced system presents material at the right intervals to optimize your individual learning. The curriculum is sequenced to introduce new skills in a way that stimulates your brain’s natural language learning ability.
Advanced speech recognition technology analyzes every syllable, whenever you speak.
Does the Rosetta Stone solution work?
- Millions of learners around the world have discovered a language with the Rosetta Stone solution—from individuals to corporate clients such as NASA, the US State Department, and more than 10,000 schools.
Rosetta Studio introduces you to real conversation in online sessions with language coaches who are native speakers. Supercharge your learning and experience everything communicating live has to offer.
Rosetta World is a lively online community where ramping up your language skills looks a lot like playing games. Reinforce what you've learned by having a live online chat, or facing off against new friends around the world. Chances are, you'll be having so much fun, you won't realize how much you're improving.
Rosetta Stone on the Go!
Learn and practice on the go-or sync and track your progress across multiple devices. Our available mobile apps for iPad, iPhone and Android tablets and smartphones make it easy.
Ready to dive in?
If you want to learn to swim, you need to get in the water.
It's the same with learning to speak another language. Without your native language for help, you'll learn actively—which makes you more successful.
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Top Customer Reviews
The results were good. Although she had most of the vocabulary, knowing that probably helped her with the lessons about reading and writing more. She's worked her way through most of the 5 levels, and her English has gotten better. It hasn't been smooth sailing: she had some trouble picking up the software process from the start, and got frustrated when it would loop back to lessons she'd tried and did OK on (but not great) in the past. She didn't realize that the repetition was of those modules she didn't do well in, thinking instead the flow was more random (leading to some annoyances). It's hard to argue with the results, though. Her English writing and reading is considerably improved, while her spoken English is better. I don't think she would have made the same progress without a background of classroom lessons in English, but as a supplement RS was a good buy. It does take dedication and perseverance to get through all the levels, but there's no easy solution to learning a language. (As someone trying to learn Mandarin from scratch using RS, with no background vocabulary, I can attest that the learning curve can be immense for a total neophyte, and that's despite knowledge of six languages already.)
I am not sure I would have bought this at full price, but when on sale, I am glad I made the purchase. And my wife's improved English shows that this did help her, in the end. Whether she would have done as well just using RS alone, I can't say for sure, but I doubt it. As a supplement to other methods, though, this is worthwhile.
Most recent customer reviews
Logiciel agréable pour apprendre l'anglair mais pas assez d'explicationsPublished 6 months ago by Sylvie Bédard
Our ESL Learners love this program. Learning pronunciation and sounds is very good.Published 15 months ago by Barbe Holick
Look for similar items by category
- Software > Children's Software > Foreign Language
- Software > Education & Reference > Foreign Languages > English
- Software > Education & Reference > Foreign Languages > Universal Translator
- Software > Language & Travel > Foreign Language > English
- Software > Language & Travel > Foreign Language > Universal Translator
- Software > Macintosh > Education & How-To > Foreign Languages
- Software > Rosetta Stone