Rosetta Stone French Level 1-3 Set
|Price:||CDN$ 249.00 & FREE Shipping. Details|
- Learn to read, write, and speak in French with Rosetta Stone.
- Build upon a foundation of key French vocabulary, words, and phrases.
- Rosetta Stone moves forward when you are ready. You drive the pace. You set the schedule.
- Practice live online with a native French speaking tutor, and have access to the Rosetta Stone online learning community.
- Take the Rosetta Stone experience with you while on-the-go, free 3 month trial included. Build your French language skills from your tablet and mobile devices.
- From the simple to the complex, gain the confidence to share your ideas and opinions in French. Develop the French language skills to enjoy social interactions such as travel and shopping and learn to share your ideas and opinions. Learn French today with Rosetta Stone.
- Platform: Windows 7 / XP / 8, Mac OS X
- Media: CD-ROM
- Item Quantity: 1
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
Amazon.ca Product Description
Connect with the world. Learn language fundamentals from greetings and introductions to simple questions and answers. Give and get directions, tell time, and dine out. Share your opinions, and talk about everyday life: your interests, your work, current events, and more.
From the Manufacturer
On Windows: 2.33GHz or faster x86-compatible processor or Intel Atom 1.6GHz or faster processor for netbooks
On Mac: Intel Core Duo 1.33GHz or faster processor
1 GB of RAM or higher
3 GB free hard-drive space (per level)
1024 x 768 display resolution
Broadband Internet connection
Available port for headset with microphone (not included)
From the Manufacturer
Discover the new Rosetta Stone Level 1-3 Set experience
Millions of people around the world have already learned a new language with our award-winning approach. It's no coincidence that Rosetta Stone is the fastest way to learn a language. Our method is effective because it's more than the newest app—it's the result of decades of research into the way people learn best.
With the Rosetta Stone Level 1-3 set you will communicate and connect around the world. Build a foundation of fundamental vocabulary and essential language structure. Develop the language skills to enjoy social interactions such as travel and shopping and learn to share ideas and opinions in your new language.
Rosetta Stone Levels 1-3 Set
Live Conversation Sessions
What will you learn?
Level 1: 0-50 Hours
Gain confidence by mastering basic conversational skills. This includes greetings, introductions, simple Q&A's, and much more.
Level 2: 51-100 Hours
Learn to navigate your environment and handle basic interactions. This includes giving (and getting) directions, using transportation, telling time, eating out, and more.
Level 3: 101 - 150 Hours
Learn to share ideas and opinions, express feelings, and talk everyday life. This includes your interests, profession, current events, and more.
You’ll learn through immersion—which means you’ll only hear and speak your new language. Without offering your native language for translation, our interactive immersion encourages you to learn more actively than other methods, which means you’ll be more successful.
Our advanced system presents material at the right intervals to optimize your individual learning. The curriculum is sequenced to introduce new skills in a way that stimulates your brain’s natural language learning ability.
Advanced speech recognition technology analyzes every syllable, whenever you speak.
Does the Rosetta Stone solution work?
- Millions of learners around the world have discovered a language with the Rosetta Stone solution—from individuals to corporate clients such as NASA, the US State Department, and more than 10,000 schools.
Rosetta Stone Advanced Features
Rosetta Studio introduces you to real conversation in online sessions with language coaches who are native speakers. Supercharge your learning and experience everything communicating live has to offer.
Rosetta World is a lively online community where ramping up your language skills looks a lot like playing games. Reinforce what you've learned by having a live online chat, or facing off against new friends around the world. Chances are, you'll be having so much fun, you won't realize how much you're improving.
Rosetta Stone on the Go!
Learn and practice on the go-or sync and track your progress across multiple devices. Our available mobile apps for iPad, iPhone and Android tablets and smartphones make it easy.
Ready To Dive In?
If you want to learn to swim, you need to get in the water.
It's the same with learning to speak another language. Without your native language for help, you'll learn actively—which makes you more successful.
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Top Customer Reviews
As for the items below, I haven't progressed to the point of needing them yet. But they will be very useful. I'm glad I have them.
After numerous ads in Scientific American imprinted the Rosetta Stone name into my noggin over the years, I finally purchased Levels 1, 2 and 3 - the Homeschool Edition, for my kids to study Hebrew. The motivator was an ad I received by email offering free shipping.
So, I went online and attempted to purchase. I kept getting an error message which didn't mean anything to me, so I called Rosetta Stone for help. In the course of the conversation, it became clear that the free shipping offer was for U.S. addresses only. I objected that they had sent me an email that offered free shipping with no such qualifier.
After going around the mulberry bush a few times on that subject, I realized that the operator was not going to break forth from her programmed algorithm. If I wanted the product, I'd have to pay the shipping.
When the product arrived, we installed it and began to run it.
The kids seem to enjoy the sessions and do well at them, although the voice recognition seemed to have trouble with the kids' voices. My daughter has a better accent than I do, but the software seemed to understand me better than it did her.
My impression is that you can learn a language from the software, but it does have a cookie-cutter approach. As you may have heard, language is culture. People in France talke about different things in different ways than people in Saudi Arabia. You can't have this diversity in a one-size-fits-all approach like Rosetta Stone.
Then, one day, for no apparent reason, the software stopped working. I called tech support and spoke with a friendly enough agent whom I'll call "Suraj.Read more ›
Look for similar items by category
- Software > Business & Office > Communication > E-mail
- Software > Children's Software > Foreign Language
- Software > Education & Reference > Foreign Languages > French
- Software > Education & Reference > Foreign Languages > Universal Translator
- Software > Language & Travel > Foreign Language > French
- Software > Language & Travel > Foreign Language > Universal Translator
- Software > Macintosh > Education & How-To > Foreign Languages
- Software > Rosetta Stone