Rude Awakenings: Overcoming Civility Crisis in the Workplace Hardcover – Mar 8 2002
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
From Publishers Weekly
While bad manners aren't often cited as a workplace "failure," they do affect productivity and service at the office. Rude Awakenings: Overcoming the Civility Crisis in the Workplace addresses impolite business behavior, such as interrupting others, setting impossible deadlines, sending crabby e-mails and bullying co-workers. Author Giovinella Gonthier, a former ambassador, offers suggestions for various situations, from conferences and meetings to restrooms and copy machine areas. Although the likely audience for her book is managers who have to deal with impoliteness (will ill-mannered employees really pick this book up?), the tips are valuable for anyone working in an office environment.
Copyright 2002 Cahners Business Information, Inc.
"Gonthier presents her case in a well-written, humanistic manner ... gives even the best-behaved workers something to think about." -USA Today -- USA Today, 6/09/02See all Product Description
Top Customer Reviews
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta)
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Business & Investing > Industries & Professions > Human Resources & Personnel Management
- Books > Business & Investing > Management & Leadership > Management
- Books > Business & Investing > Processes & Infrastructure > Workplace
- Books > Business & Investing > Reference
- Books > Business & Investing > Small Business & Entrepreneurship > Entrepreneurship
- Books > Education & Reference
- Books > Health, Fitness & Dieting > Psychology & Counseling
- Books > Professional & Technical > Business Management > Human Resources & Personnel Management
- Books > Professional & Technical > Business Management > Management & Leadership > Management