The Russian Piano School: Russian Pianists & Moscow Conservatoire Professors on the Art of the Piano Paperback – Apr 1 2008
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
'Here is a book worth its weight in platinum! Christopher Barnes, a professor of Slavic languages at the University of Toronto, has translated hitherto unavailable essays, critiques and lectures from the leading teaching lights at the Moscow Conservatoire. This is a feast of valuable piano pedagogy ...' Pianojazz
About the Author
Professor and Chairman of the Slavic Department in the University of Toronto, Christopher Barnes is an acknowledged authority on the life and work of Boris Pasternak and a well-known translator of various modern authors. Pursuing a parallel interest in music, he also studied piano privately and is known as a lecturer-recitalist on Russian musical topics. He is currently working on a monograph on Scriabin and a history of Russian Pianism.
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta)
This book is a translation of many articles on piano playing written by Masters of the russian school, or written advice reported by their students.
The chapters dedicated to Lev Naumov"s teaching are great!
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Humour & Entertainment > Music > Instruments & Performers > Piano
- Books > Humour & Entertainment > Music > Musical Genres > Classical > Scores > Instrumentation > Piano
- Books > Humour & Entertainment > Music > Theory, Composition & Performance > Instruction & Study
- Books > Humour & Entertainment > Music > Theory, Composition & Performance > Theory
- Books > Textbooks > Humanities > Performing Arts > Music