SKLZ SpeedSac, Variable Weight Sprint Trainer
|List Price:||CDN$ 129.99|
|Price:||CDN$ 82.97 & FREE Shipping. Details|
|You Save:||CDN$ 47.02 (36%)|
- Improve 40-yard dash times, overall speed and explosiveness
- Strengthen lower-body muscle groups
- Adjust weight options for variable weight resistance
- Includes 3 durable weight bags that can each be filled with up to 10 lbs of sand (30 lbs total)
- Adjustable leash length to accommodate athletes of any size
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
Build explosive leg drive out of the blocks with the SpeedSac. This variable weight sled allows you to strengthen your lower body muscles by resistance training similar to metal sleds.?With removable weights, the SpeedSac allows you to adjust the towing resistance. You can also use the handles on the bags to perform various upper and lower body exercises such as lunges or front raises.
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Top Customer Reviews
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta)
The outside of the speed sac is durable, like a tough rubber mat that you'd put in your pickup. The velcro for the belt does it's job perfectly. The loop joining the bag and belt is big and solid, and the hook mechanism to hold the three 10 lb sand sacks is more than adequate. Nothing is falling out of this.
Strap the belt on you, walk up to the line, then go. For my boys, I use 20 lbs for my 8 year old and either 10 lbs or nothing for my youngest. The bag is heavy enough for a little sprout that you don't necessarily needs lbs of resistance.
Like other SKLZ products, this one comes with a workout poster. One one side, a poster with recommended drills for only the speed sack (number of reps, distance, etc) in a 6 week format. On the other size, a 6 week workout program that combines the speed sac with other SKLZ products (such as the speed hurdles, quick ladder, viper 360, etc.), and both have beginners/advanced adjustments.
It also comes with a DVD, but the DVD isn't just for the speed sac. The DVD gives demonstration videos for most of its products. Each video clip is around 20-30 seconds in length (speed sac has three videos, if I remember correctly). Each video demonstrates regular speed and slow motions with different angles so you can see and teach proper form.
As for its effectiveness, that'll remain to be seen. But in football, your first step is the most important step. If you can get off the line quickly and keep improving that quickness, you'll improve your game. On the line, first man off the ball should win the battle. This product improves first-step speed and overall speed. It will help you improve your stride, your body lean, and your leg strength.
The three bags, which you have to fill with sand ($4 for a 50 lb bag of sand at OSH), have a handle on one side of the bag so you can carry then down by your side while you're performing walking lunges. Great way to wrap up some 5 x 15 yd runs.
WHAT IT IS:
+ A sled trainer or 'sprint trainer' to increase power and speed. There is a sturdy rubberized 'sled' (the sac) that you fill with 1-3 bags of sand (sand not included) for 10 - 30 pounds of resistance. (The bags close with velcro and so far have not leaked.) You put on a belt and clip the attached leash to the sled and you are ready to perform a variety of sprint training drills.
+ The sand bags could also be used for upper body resistance.
WHAT IT ISN'T:
- Unless you live in a huge house with long hallways, this isn't really an indoor trainer. The sled is tough and can withstand grass, sticks, etc well.
- This is not, in my opinion, for anyone younger than 12. This is an adult or young adult serious workout tool which is sized and weighted for strong grown or almost-grown athletes. Children younger than 12 should not be using resistance (except body weight) in their workouts; body weight is enough for that age. In my opinion if you want your child to increase their leg strength, have them walk hills, ride a bike, ski, play on the Wii Fit, and do some squats and lunges - the latter ONLY if they are old enough to maintain proper form.
- Yes a byproduct of a sled workout is an increase in lower body strength - but it's not like this is a weight machine. It's not for building so much as for improving power (and therefore speed) and endurance.
- In my opinion, this is not for the novice exerciser; it's important to use with good form and to understand how to use it.
+ Very tough sled/sac appropriate for outdoor use
+ Tough sandbags with strong closures
+ Adjustable leash; you need this for proper form
+ Wide comfortable belt with strong clip
+ Workout sheet and product DVD
+ Forward (linear) sprints
+ Light plyometrics such as power skips
+ Backwards run
+ Lateral shuffle
+ Sandbags can be used as dumbbells
In my opinion, both as a PT and as the mom of an athlete, this is a very well-made product that, if used correctly, will allow you to improve your power, speed, and endurance without going to the gym / personal trainer.