3 Year Data Recovery Planfrom After Solution
- If your drive stops working, the Rescue data recovery plan will recover the data from the failed drive and return it to you on a new piece of external storage
- Covers new solid state hard drives of any brand when purchased within 30 days (receipt must be retained for purchases not on the same transaction).
- Free shipping for in-lab data recovery; 24/7 online case status tracking
- If your data isn't recovered, you get your money back
- If you purchase this service plan and eligible product for this service plan, you acknowledge that Amazon may send the service plan seller relevant product and price information for the purpose of administering the plan
Samsung 860 EVO 2.5" SATA III 500GB Internal SSD (MZ-76E500B/AM) [Canada Version]
- Featuring the newest edition to the world's best-selling* SATA SSD series, the Samsung 860 EVO 500GB 2.5” Internal SSD is specially designed to enhance performance of mainstream PCs and laptops.. It is compatible with SATA 3 Gb/s & SATA 1.5 Gb/s interface
- Up to 550 MB/s sequential read and 520 MB/s write
- Safely store and render 4K videos and 3D data
- With the latest Samsung V-NAND technology, this fast and reliable SSD allows for enhanced performance with consistent speeds, even under heavy workloads and multi-tasking allowing for faster file transfer.
- 5 year limited warranty
Frequently bought together
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Samsung 860 EVO solid state drive is the SSD to trust. Based on 3D VNAND flash, Samsung offers enhanced read/write performance, endurance and power management efficiency. With multiple form factors, the 860 EVO is ideal for mainstream PCs and laptops.
From the manufacturer
The SSD you trust
The Samsung 860 EVO is specially designed to enhance performance of mainstream PCs and laptops. With the latest V-NAND technology, this fast and reliable SSD comes in a wide range of compatible form factors and capacities.
Speeds are consistent, even under heavy workloads and multi-tasking allowing for faster file transfer. The 860 EVO performs at sequential read speeds up to 550 MB/s with Intelligent TurboWrite technology, and sequential write speeds up to 520 MB/s. The TurboWrite buffer size is upgraded from 12 GB to 78 GB.
- Test system configuration: Intel Core i5-3550 CPU @ 3.3 GHz, 4 GB, OS - Windows 7 Ultimate x64, Chipset: ASUS P8H77-V .
- The TurboWrite buffer size varies based on the capacity of the SSD; 12 GB model, 22 GB for 500 GB model, 42 GB for 1 TB model and 2/4 TB for 78 GB. For more information on the TurboWrite, please visit our official website.
Up to 8x higher TBW (Terabytes Written)* than the 850 EVO. Feel secure storing and rendering large sized 4K videos and 3D data used by the latest applications.
|Samsung 860 QVO Solid State Drive||Samsung 860 EVO Solid State Drive||Samsung 860 PRO Solid State Drive||Samsung 970 EVO Solid State Drive||Samsung 970 PRO Solid State Drive||Samsung T5 Portable Solid State Drive|
|Capacity||1TB | 2TB | 4TB||250GB | 500GB | 1TB | 2TB‡ | 4TBΔ||256GB | 512GB | 1TB | 2TB | 4TB||250GB | 500GB | 1TB | 2TB||512GB | 1TB||250GB | 500GB | 1TB | 2TB|
|Form Factor||2.5"||2.5" | M.2(2280) | mSATA||2.5"||M.2(2280)||M.2(2280)||Portable|
|Interface||SATA III 6Gbps||SATA III 6Gbps||SATA III 6Gbps||PCIe Gen 3.0 x4, NVMe 1.3||PCIe Gen 3.0 x4, NVMe 1.3||USB 3.1 Gen2 backward compatible|
|Max Sequential Read Speed||Up to 550 MB/s||Up to 550 MB/s||Up to 560 MB/s||Up to 3,500 MB/s||Up to 3,500 MB/s||Up to 540 MB/s|
|Max Sequential Write Speed||Up to 520 MB/s||Up to 520 MB/s||Up to 530 MB/s||Up to 2,500 MB/s||Up to 2,700 MB/s||Up to 520 MB/s|
|NAND Type||Samsung V-NAND 3-bit MLC||Samsung V-NAND 3-bit MLC||Samsung V-NAND 3-bit MLC||Samsung V-NAND 3-bit MLC||Samsung V-NAND 3-bit MLC||Samsung V-NAND 3-bit MLC|
|Recommended For||Everyday Computing||Gaming and Professional Computing||Gaming, Professional and High-End Computing||High-End Gaming and 4K & 3D Graphic Editing||Intensive Workloads and Ultimate Performance Computing||Fast, Secure External Storage|
**Performance may vary based on SSD's firmware version and system hardware & configuration. Sequential write performance measurements are based on Intelligent TurboWrite technology. Sequential performance measurements based on CrystalDiskMark v.5.0.2 and I0meter 1.1.0. The sequential write performances are Intelligent TurboWrite region are 300 MB/s for 250/500 GB and 500 MB/s for 1 TB.
‡Not available in mSATA
ΔNot available in mSATA & M.2
Customers who bought this item also bought
Showing 1-8 of 732 reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
*** Update ***
I just had my first Samsung SSD failure and the Samsung warranty support is abysmal. Although it has a critical SMART error and was only 8 months old, they refused to replace it. I will never purchase another Samsung again.
Performance is about the same as the 850evo, however the life time write endurance is up in a huge way, now up to 300TB up from the 850s 150TB which is 16X more durability.
This means that the 860evo will allow 168.78GB/day of writes every day for 5 years, compared to 850s 84.39GB/day (1TB = 1024GB).
Fantastic for small studios & small business video editors.
Still same great value for gaming & all around quick storage.
From my Googling, it would appear that Samsung knows about the problem, but isn't interested in fixing it.
MAKE SURE your system is compatible with this device before purchase.
I have an 8 years old MacBook Pro, I was almost throwing in the trash, so ridiculous slow it got when a friend of mine just suggest to get this baby. I did and I'm glad I did, I now can work even with photo editing, which I do, I use with my Capture One Pro, and it works flawlessly.
Avec le Samsung 860 EVO. I M P O S S I B L E de monter ce SSD avec Mojave. Attention, attendez-vous à un cauchemar de montage où il y a plein de messages d'erreurs. Ce disque Samsung 860 EVO est compatible avec El Capitan mais pas High Sierra et plus récent. Système AFPS de Apple problématique avec Mojave. Pourtant le Kingston monté en Sierra fonctionne toujours avec Mojave mais pas le Kingston.
I wanted to replace my 960 Gbyte Kingston Hypex Savage SSD. The Kingston works perfectly, mounted on a MacBook Pro mid 2012. No mounting problem with Carbon Copy Cloner.
With the Samsung 860 EVO. I M P O S S I B L E to mount this SSD with Mojave. Be careful, expect a nightmare of editing where there are plenty of error messages. This Samsung 860 EVO is compatible with El Capitan but not High Sierra and newer. Apple AFPS problematic with Mojave. Yet the Sierra-mounted Kingston still works with Mojave but not Kingston.
It was a little slimmer than my hdd, but it sits well in the cage inside the laptop and so it was an easy swap. Needless to say, it works great, my disk finally came down, and my computer fan isn't whirrrrrrring all the time now. And my startup times went from minutes to seconds! Awesome!
Samsung's hardware is top notch and my games not only run faster, but I no longer have to worry about whether or not the game is on an SSD or a HDD! There's absolutely no excuse to have an all SSD system in this day and age anymore since the prices are extremely flexible!
One thing I will mention though as I did make a mistake (this was a mistake on my part, not the manufacturers part) is to make sure you purchase a SSD to HDD bracket to mount it if you don't have any more space to mount SSD's!