- Media: Personal Computers
- Item Quantity: 1
SanDisk SDCZ2-256-A10 256 MB Cruzer Mini USB 2.0 Flash Drive (Retail Package)
- USB 2.0 enabled
- Small size
- Requires no drivers
- Stylish Design
- Backward compatible with USB 1.1
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Amazon.ca Product Description
Take your documents, pictures, presentations and music with you easily with the SanDisk Cruzer Mini USB Flash Drive. This ultra-small, ultra-thin USB 2.0 Hi-speed flash drive is no larger than a pack of gum, and is the fastest and easiest way to transfer data between home, the office or any other place you need to go. Features CruzerLock advanced file security that encrypts your individual files and keeping them safe; plug-and-play plugs into any USB 2.0 port and is backwards compatible with USB 1.1; 2 additional color caps and a removable neck strap. System requirements: Windows 98 or higher; Mac OS 9.1 or higher.
From the Manufacturer
The SanDisk Cruzer Mini is the fastest and easiest way to move your data. Cruzer Mini is Hi-speed USB 2.0 certified for fast data transfer (also compatible with USB 1.1). Store all your data, pictures, music and more on this pocket-sized device and then easily transfer files between your laptop and desktop.
- Small size and easy to use
- No drivers required
- Hi-Speed USB 2.0 certified for fast data transfer (compatible with USB 1.1)
- Store all your data, pictures, music and more
- Two extra color caps and a neckstrap included
- Thin design does not obstruct the dual-stacked USB ports found on most computers
No customer reviews
|5 star (0%)|
|4 star (0%)|
|3 star (0%)|
|2 star (0%)|
|1 star (0%)|
Review this product
Most helpful customer reviews on Amazon.com
The Cruzer Mini isn't very "mini" compared to more recent models, some of which are smaller than my thumbnail. On the bright side, that means it's a lot harder to lose. But the downside is that you have this huge "lever" hanging out of your USB port. Its plastic shell is acceptable, but it certainly isn't very rugged. My boss accidentally smashed one in his car door, and of course it was damaged beyond repair. (A few of us at the office each chipped in a couple bucks and gave him a tougher model with a titanium shell after that incident.)
My biggest gripe, however, is that the cap is easy to lose--which I'm sure is the main reason why they include three caps in the package. And the more you remove and reattach the cap, the looser it gets over time. The lanyard is nice, but I've never really been one to wear a lanyard around my neck unless I'm at a conference. You certainly wouldn't want to attach this flash drive to your keys, because the little tab that's meant for the lanyard is just plastic and will break off in your pocket.
All in all, it's okay compared to other models of the same vintage, but even back in 2004, there were other models that held up better on your keychain, were more compact, and didn't have such an easy-to-lose cap. Really the only thing this had going for it was that it was one of the cheapest flash drives you could get.
1) You won't have problems using it with other USB devices, because it's very thin, so you won't need to unplug other connections from your PC or notebook to use it (even if you machine has USB stacked ports).
2) When you are using it, you can plug his cap behind it, this characteristic it's a very useful improve over other similar products. So it's very difficult to loose it.
3) Moreover, when you plug its cap behind it, you will increase light display when unit is in use (this light shows you when unit is working -ready/writing data-). For me, this looks great.
4) In spite of, if you loose its cap, this products comes with two additional caps. In fact, its 3 caps are different in colors (light gray, light blue and light green).
5) In addition, it comes with a neck lace if you want to use in that way (optional).
6) It has nice design, color, performance.
7) I had used it with W2000 and it works in an excellent way. No drivers required, only plug and play.
8) You can access and reproduce directly from it, music, video and other programs, so it isn't necessary to move data from USB Drive to PC to use it.
9) It has a very reasonable price.
10) It comes already formatted, but you can choose format it in another way (i.e. fat, fat32 or ntfs). This choose will depend of your native operating system.
Because of that, I think this device works fine and it was what I was expecting of this kind of drive.
I hope these suggestiong will help you to take a good decision about this product.
I figured hey, at that price, what do I have to lose? So needless to say, I bought it.
Upon receiving the unit, one of the first things I noticed was how incredibly small the unit was. They wern't kidding when they said this unit's about the size of a pack of gum. And its even lighter than one too! After using this thing for about a little over a month, these are my thoughts about this product:
Sturdyness: There were many complaints that this unit is rather flimsy. And I must admit, its not the strongest of cases in the world, but unless your throwing this thing around everywhere or stepping on it, its more than sturdy enough for regular wear and tear. Someone even complained that over time, the cap tended to fall off by itself. But losing the cap shouldn't be too much of a problem as the unit came with 2 more replacement caps for a total of 3 straight out of the box.
Price: Shopping around, you'll find that SanDisk is DEFINATELY THE cheapest flash drive around.
Size: As I stated about, this unit really is the size of a pack of gum! In fact, i'd go as far to say that this unit is SMALLER than a pack of gum! Weight wise, this thing is definately lighter than a pack of gum. It's so thin that I can have the SanDisk drive plugged into my USB port and have another USB device plugged into the port right next to it. Thats something that most (if not all) other flash drives out there CAN'T do without a USB cable extension.
Reliability: This is what it all basically boils down to. And despite numerous complaints from other individuals about their units failing, I've never had that problem with mine. I use my SanDisk to transfer large amounts of data between my desktop PC to my laptop and I've found the process to be both painless and easy. I merely plug the drive into my USB port, copy over the files I want onto the drive, then remove it and stick it into my laptop. And I've DEFINATELY NEVER had this drive get stuck in my USB port. In fact, I can't even see HOW it could possibly get stuck. ITS NOT THAT TIGHT OF A FIT! Not loose enough to fall out, but not tight enough that you'd have to force it into the USB port. After using it for a little over a month, I've yet to have the device fail on me.
Conclusion: All in all, this is an excellent product for a very low price. Fantastic price, excellent design, and great reliability, what more could you ask for?!?! My only real complaint is that it dosen't come with a keychain ring. Instead it comes with a strap to wear the drive around your neck. I mean, com'on! Who the heck would wear this thing around their neck?!?!