boutiques-francophones Learn more countdown scflyout Furniture All-New Kindle Music Deals Store sports Tools

on January 12, 2016
Wanted a small MP3 player for running. Read reviews (here and elsewhere), and they were generally positive, with a few grumblings about battery life after varying periods of ownership. One afternoon I unplugged it from my laptop, and it wouldn't turn on. No reset procedure on Sansa's website worked, and the seller tried to help (with links to same). Returned to seller at their request for warranty. That was two months ago and haven't heard anything since.

Update: I have since received a replacement from the seller and this one is fine. Adding music is easy as "drag and drop" as long as you don't mind your songs going into alphabetical order regardless of the "drag and drop" order. If you want tunes in a certain order you'll need some kind of media player software...I just use the Windows one on my laptop. For a mid-price player this prob as good as you'll get.
on April 25, 2013
First let me start by saying if you were thinking about the ipod shuffle or nano etc. stop! this is what you want. I was so tempted to buy the shuffle as it offered a light weight compact body with a clip so i could easily use it while i was at the gym and it wouldn't get in the way. However i started thinking...how do i look at the songs i want? what about eqaulizing and customizing my own sound and ONLY 2gb for 50+ $ ...seems kinda ridiculous. Then I came across this little bad boy, with a vibrant screen display, customization of sound, a durable clip, small size but still feeling solid, and the differing judgment call for this over the shuffle or nano, the expandable memory slot. I LOVE this idea, simply took out my sd card 8gb and slid it in this tiny ebony beauty and it downloaded all my tracks in a few minutes. An ingenious idea as I can put different music on multiple sd cards and just pop and go as i choose , from workout songs to driving music to audio books all it takes is popping the sd card out and popping in a new one. battery life is also great lasts me about a day..

Don't hesitate hop off the apple bandwagon and grab one of these for a fraction of the apple cost and for 10x better features
on March 3, 2012
This was the third Sansa Clip I have bought. I have the 4Gb with a micro SD 4 Gb card. It holds more than enough music for me on my walks or long all day car trips. I chose it because it was much better made than cheaper ones and equal to the quality of more expensive brands such as Sony and Apple. I only use it to listen to music or voice radio programs. A video screen is of no use while walking, jogging or driving my car. The sound quality is excellent even with the bud ear phones that come with it. It holds the charge long enough that I can use it on a day long car trip. I might buy another just to have music more suited to the tastes of my grandkids when I have them along in the car.
on June 27, 2016
I've had this MP3 player for over 3 years now and it's one of the best investments I've ever made. It still holds a good 6 hour charge (Used to be around 8) and it has infinite space so long as you have 32gig microSD cards to accommodate it... Just don't try to stick anything higher than a 64 gig microSD card in it, otherwise it won't work.

Also, it might crash on you if you change the MSD cards while it's turned on, you may have to wait for the battery to die out completely before it will function again. Something I learned the hard way. You can also install your own custom firmware on it to give it some more advanced options. An excellent budget MP3 player for people who aren't in to the price gouging of Apple's junk ware. Just make sure you're a bit tech savvy before tinkering with it too much otherwise you might brick it.
on April 29, 2013
To preface my review let me say that I own probably 10+ mp3 players and have had many times that throughout the last 10 years.
The Sansa clip is purpose built and for what I use an MP3 player like this for very hard to beat.

The good:
- very lightweight
- rechargeable battery that lasts along time
- inexpensive
- small but still packs many features, FM Radio, MicroSD slot, Voice Recorder, EQ, OLED Screen etc
- recharges off of a standard mini usb cable. Its almost impossible to be stuck somewhere looking for a special cable. Any mini usb will do.
- The best part - NO ITUNES. SImply drag and drop your music onto the thing - fantastic. If you want to make playlists in iTunes, copying them to this thing is as simple as selecting your songs in iTunes , copy, and then paste into a new folder on the Sansa.

The bad:
None, really, except that the headphones they come with are , well, cheap. I think thats to be expected at this price point however.
on April 3, 2013
Pros: Works. Basic player and easy to use (not extra flashy 5" touch screen, wi-fi, camera, sms, built-in GPS, remoted car starter, etc...). Can record voice and live FM radio. Play audio books. Good equalizer adjustments and many preselected audio settings (Jazz, rock, pop, dance, opera...). Very small and light weight. Standard mini usb port (not exclusive/specific port like Apple, Sansung or Sony). MicroSDHC slot for extra space. Very good audio quality.

Cons: Small screen. Included cable (micro USB to USB) is very too short (6-7" only). I don't know if it's an isolated case but battery's life is very bad, only 3h of continous music for mine (my Sony Walkman S544 can last 20-25h). That's why the 4 stars.

But still a good MP3 player, can't beat quality/performances vs price (I paid 34$ for the 4Gb version). Of course I recommand it.
on April 24, 2013
Lecteur facile d'utilisation et très facile à comprendre. Le son est excellent et le volume est correct. Le clip est très pratique lors de l'entraînement. Le transfert de données dans le lecteur est très facile.
on July 19, 2011
Plain and simple. Good for music as well as podcast and audio books. Not very sexy but this unit gets the job done.
on August 11, 2013
The first one I received was faulty and it worked a little while, and I contacted Amazon, and they replied almost immediately. Which was wonderful, but I had gotten it to work. But a short while later is completely quit working. Again I contacted Amazon, and within a short while I got a reply. And again I got all the info I needed to return it along with a postage paid label. I did up the package and sent it out with in a day or two. My new Sandisk was at my door within days.
And this one works great.
I know a few others that have Sandisk players and all love them.
Thanks Amazon Customer Service for the wonderful help and quick exchange.
on February 20, 2013
This MP3 player ran circles around my expectations. It's very small and lightweight which makes it great for gym use. I suggest saving a little bit of money if you can and grabbing the 2GB model with a 32GB MicroSD card, which will last you a lifetime. These topped with my FXD80-Z make a great couple!