- Item Weight: 1 Kg
- Shipping Weight: 1.2 Kg
- Item model number: B000CCUG64
- ASIN: B000CCUG64
- Date first available at Amazon.ca: June 14 2010
- Average Customer Review: Be the first to review this item
Davis & Sanford Switchkit 7-in-1 Tripod Kit, 56-inch maximum height
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
- Carry and protect your tripod, Point and shoot or mini DV camera, and accessories with one bag.^Camera/tripod bag can be switched to camera bag by tucking tripod bag behind hook and loop flap^Lightweight aluminum tripod (capacity 3 lbs.)with maximum shooting height of 50 inches without SwitchGrip; 56 inches with SwitchGrip^Mini ball head (2.5 lb capacity) tripod for tabletop shooting^SwitchGrip extends tripod height by 6 inches and allows use of ballhead or panhead for shooting
4 piece 7-in-1" kit maximizes use of your point and shoot camera or mini DV camcorder. Carry and Protect your tripod ,camera and accessories with one bag.The camera/tripod Bag can be switched to a camera bag by simply tucking tripod bag behind a Velcro flap. Lightweight aluminum tripod (3lb capacity) with a maximum shooting height of 53" (when shooting with 3-way pan head), or 59" when used with included SwitchGrip accessory
From the Manufacturer
The Davis & Sanford Switchkit is a 4-piece, "7 in 1" kit maximizes use of point and shoot digital cameras or small camcorders. Carry and protect your tripod, camera and accessories with one bag. The camera/tripod bag can be switched to camera bag only by tucking tripod bag behind Velcro flap. The lightweight aluminum tripod (3-pound capacity) comes with a maximum shooting height of 50 inches when shooting with 3-way pan head or 56 inches when used with included SwitchGrip accessory. The Mini ball head tripod (2.5-pound capacity) for tabletop shooting is stored in SwitchGrip tripod handle. Patented SwitchGrip extends tripod height by 6 inches and allows the use of either a ball head or pan head for shooting. SwitchGrip can also be set for those hard angles that only a copy stand can reach.
- Camera and tripod bag: Carry and protect tripod, camera and accessories
- Camera bag: Tripod bag can be switched to camera bag only
- Full-size aluminum tripods: Maximum height of 56 inches when using SwitchGrip accessory (included)
- Mini-ballhead tripod: For tabletop shooting
- SwitchGrip accessory: Extends tripod height by 6 inches and allows the use of either a ball head or pan head for shooting
- Copy stand: SwitchGrip can be set for difficult angle shots
- Multiple device holder: Option to shoot with two cameras, camera and flash, or other equipment
Over the past 75 years, Davis & Sanford has built up a diverse line of well-engineered, sturdy tripods from low-priced, high value tripods for the weekend image taker to versatile, rugged tripods for around-the-clock professionals, and everything in between. Plus, Davis & Sanford provides a variety of platforms, tripod heads. All Davis & Sanford tripods share some important features:
- Strong, yet lightweight materials such as aircraft-quality aluminum and high-tech synthetics provide excellent durability and functionality
- Powder-coated or anodized protective finishes resist abrasion under the heaviest use
- Ten-year warranty on all tripods gives you complete confidence in your purchase
What's in the box:
Carry-all combo tripod/camera bag, 50-inch full-size tripod, SwitchGrip handle, mini ballhead tripod.
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com
It is so portable and light that it fits my messenger bag (collapsed and in its carry bag). Recently, I have been using it with the Zi8 to record myself shooting at the range. No issues whatsoever.
I snagged this for a bit under 7 dollars, and my only regret is that I didn't buy another one for backup. At this price, I would not be heartbroken if it breaks. I would not pay more than 10 dollars for this, since you can get a stronger and sturdier tripod like the Polaroid Travel Tripod.
If you know and understand the limitations of this tripod kit, then it will serve its purpose.
-Do not expect it to hold a DSLR or other large/heavy cameras. It just won't work
-Do not overtighten any of the screws
-Do not abuse it by throwing it like a javelin
-Do not operate when under any type of medication
A strong 4 stars.
The other reviewers are right, this is not well constructed, it is flimsy, and I wouldn't put more than a point and shoot on it. I've treated mine gently and its done what I wanted it too, its been useful as an ad-hoc copy stand for a point and shoot and was handy to have to take quick videos with a point and shoot.
Bottom line: if you want to take pictures of books for reference purposes, but don't want to spend much money getting a fancy set up and you have point and shoot, this works very well indeed! For anything else, you may well be able to do better.
great price for this useful tripod. it is not heavy duty so just be careful not to knock over but for the price well worth it.