Saturday Night Live the Best of '06/'07 [Import]
|Price:||CDN$ 19.34 & FREE Shipping on orders over CDN$ 25. Details|
Frequently Bought Together
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
After more than three decades, Saturday Night Live continues to find and cultivate new talent to remain the pinnacle in late-night sketch comedy. One of the longest-running network shows in television history, SNL's impact on pop-culture and political humor is just as relevant today as when it premiered on October 11, 1975.
Enjoy some of the best sketches from the 2006 - 07 season including \"A-Holes\" Jason Sudeikis and Kristen Wiig, Darrell Hammond's impression of Donald Trump, Amy Poehler and Maya Rudolph in \"Bronx Beat\" and SNL Digital Short \"D**k in a Box\" featuring Andy Samberg and Justin Timberlake.
The 2006 - 07 season also included some hilarious performances from hosts Alec Baldwin, Dane Cook, Jake Gyllenhaal, Hugh Laurie, Matthew Fox, Ludacris, former cast member Julia Louis-Dreyfus and Super Bowl champion Peyton Manning in a very special public service announcement. Check out the additional SPECIAL FEATURES available exclusively on this DVD such as AUDIO COMMENTARY from the SNL cast and writers, two NEVER-BEFORE SEEN SKETCHES that were cut after dress rehearsal, as well as the FUNNIEST OUTTAKES from \"Weekend Update\" with co-anchors Seth Meyers and Amy Poehler.
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Top Customer Reviews
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta)
* audio commentary- mostly enjoyable to listen to as there are some laughs to be had due to the participation of some cast/writers who worked on the skits. Problem is, it's not a group of them sitting together watching the entire dvd commenting, only members that have something to do with that skit. So if something funny is going on in one segment's commentary, it's over once a new skit starts with the next batch of commentators.
* uncensored **** in a box video.
* photo gallery- about 15 in a slideshow.
* 2 never-before-seen sketches, one with Keenan Thompson(as a woman) and Peyton Manning which was ok. The other one was pretty good though with Fred Armison and Justin Timberlake. Say what you will about JT, but the guy seems to have a sense of humor about himself and he usually is in some of my favorite sketches(as one of the Gibb brothers, as an omelette, something-or-other in a box, and in this sketch a stockboy). And yes, he gets to do some of his dance moves in this one too(is this contractual?).
* Outtakes from "Weekend Update"- this one put the extras over the top for me. The updates are usually my favorites so it was great to see this bonus. Even though you get the 'rejects'/jokes-gone-bad, it's fun to watch how Seth and Amy handle it. It runs almost 6 minutes.
Overall, the dvd is recommended at a cheap price as it's something you'll watch more than once or twice. Btw, on the back cover it says English Dolby Digital 5.1(i'll take their word on that), Anamorphic widescreen 1.78:1(check), subtitles SDH(could not access this on two dvd players, but maybe it's just me).
It was funny ('interesting funny', not 'humor funny') to see some skits that didn't make the cut when deciding which skis would air [in the DVD extras]. It's no wonder they did not make it. However, the un-aired weekend update parts [in the extras] were both 'interesting funny' and 'humor funny'.
I will definitely buy "best of <year>" if they keep coming out -- I hope they do. *Much* better that sorting the skits by the 'main' person in the skit.