Save the Humans Hardcover – Aug 21 2012
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
WINNER 2014 – OLA Forest of Reading White Pine Non-Fiction Award
“[Save the Humans] is chock-full of sobering statistics about the massive depletion of fish populations as well as the wide-reaching threat of ocean acidification. It also details Stewart’s adventure-filled, nature-loving life.”
—Winnipeg Free Press
“A project of passion—part memoir, part rallying cry, it documents how [Stewart’s] love of the natural world made him a conservationist and asks how we can save other species if we can’t save ourselves.”
About the Author
Born and raised in Toronto, ROB STEWART started his journey to becoming an award-winning filmmaker at the age of 13 when he began photographing the underwater world. At 18 he became a scuba instructor trainer and then moved on to earn a Bachelor of Science in Biology, studying in Ontario, Jamaica and Kenya. Before making the award-winning documentary Sharkwater, Stewart spent 4 years travelling to the most remote areas of the world as chief photographer for the Canadian Wildlife Federation’s magazines and as an award-winning freelance photojournalist. Stewart has logged thousands of hours filming underwater, using the latest in rebreather and camera technologies. His first movie, Sharkwater, has won thirty-five international awards, inspired more than a dozen conservation groups and sparked efforts that have resulted in shark fin bans in more than 90 countries around the world.
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Top Customer Reviews
As a final comment, I ethically disagree with some tastes of the author (as capture frogs and other wildlife or buy exotic species such as snakes, only because he likes to see that animals in detail). I find that reprehensible.
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta)
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Biographies & Memoirs > Leaders & Notable People > Social Activists
- Books > Biographies & Memoirs > Memoirs
- Books > Biographies & Memoirs > Professionals & Academics > Environmentalists & Naturalists
- Books > Science & Math > Environment > Conservation
- Books > Science & Math > Nature & Ecology > Conservation > Environmentalism
- Books > Science & Math > Nature & Ecology > Environment > Conservation
- Books > Science & Math > Nature & Ecology > Fauna > Marine Life
- Books > Science & Math > Nature & Ecology > Oceans & Seas > Marine Life