Sawyer Products Mini Water Filtration System
|Price:||CDN$ 29.62 - CDN$ 5,000.00|
- Ideal for outdoor recreation, hiking, camping, scouting, domestic and international travel and emergency preparedness
- High performance filter fits in the palm of your hand; weighs just 2 ounces; 0.1 Micron absolute hollow fiber membrane inline filter
- Attaches to included drinking pouch, standard disposable water bottles, hydration packs, or use the straw to drink directly from your water source
- Removes 99.99999% of all bacteria, such as salmonella, cholera, and E.coli; removes 99.9999% of all protozoa, such as giardia and cryptosporidium
- Filter rated up to 100,000 gallons; includes 16-ounce reusable squeeze pouch, 7-inch drinking straw, and cleaning plunger
Customers who bought this item also bought
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you've entered a valid question. You can edit your question or post anyway.
The Sawyer Mini Water Filter is a second generation filter that is the lightest and most versatile personal filtration system from Sawyer. With a total field weight of 2 ounces it fits in the palm of your hand. This tiny filter does the same job that the Sawyer PointOne filter does but now in a more compact, personal size. The Sawyer Mini filter is perfect for everything from camping with the kids to traveling abroad where tap and bottle water cannot be trusted.
The filter removes 7 log (99.99999%) of all bacteria (like salmonella) as well as other harmful bacteria which causes cholera and E. coli and 6 log (99.9999%) of all protozoa such as giardia and cryptosporidium. These removal rates equal or exceed other filter options. EPA guidelines allow ten times more protozoa left in the water than Sawyer PointOne filters allow.
Attach the Mini to the included drinking pouch, use the included straw to drink directly from your water source, connect it to hydration pack tubing (sold separately), or screw it onto standard disposable bottles (28 mm thread). The Sawyer Mini Water Filter is rated up to 100,000 gallons. It comes with 16-ounce reusable squeeze pouch, 7-inch drinking straw, and cleaning plunger.
Since 1984, Sawyer Products has offered the best, most technologically advanced solutions for protection against sun, bugs, water, and injuries -- everything from first aid kits developed for wilderness to point-of-use water filters that filter contaminated water to levels cleaner than U.S. bottled water.
From the manufacturer
Drink directly from the included collapsible drinking pouch.
Since 1984, Sawyer Products has offered one of the best, most technologically advanced solutions for protection against sun, bugs, water, and injuries everything from first aid kits developed for wilderness to point-of-use water filters that filter contaminated water to levels cleaner than U.S. bottled water.
Sawyer Products Mini Water Filter
A lifetime of water at hand
The Mini Water Filter is the lightest and most versatile personal filtration system from Sawyer. It weighs 2 ounces and fits in the palm of your hand. While incredibly small and convenient, this filter was tested to 10 million parts of bacteria and one million parts of protozoa without a single breakthrough — the highest testing level for filtration.
The size, convenience, and performance of the Sawyer Mini filter make it perfect for everything from camping with the kids to travelling abroad where tap and bottle water cannot be trusted. It comes with all the accessories you need to use this system in any of the following ways:
- Attach to the included 16-ounce reusable squeeze pouch to drink directly from the filter or squeeze water into a water bottle.
- Screw onto most disposable water bottles.
- Attach inline on a hydration pack — no adapters required
- Sip from the personal drinking straw and drink directly from the source, or scoop up a bottle of water directly from any freshwater lake, river, or stream.
Versatile, Use Anywhere, Take Anywhere Size
Filter into a water bottle to enjoy yourself or share with others.
Sip from a container (or right from the water source) with the included straw.
Screw the Mini onto water or soda bottles with a standard threaded top.
Attach inline to a hydration pack (sold separately) — hose connectors are built into the filter.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is Absolute Micron Filtering Technology?
The proprietary element of Sawyer’s water filters is comprised of tiny 'U' shaped micro-tubes that allow water to enter into their core through tiny micro-pores. The high number of those tiny tubes and their surface area allows the filter to have one of the fastest flow rates in the world. This high flow rate eliminates the need to store water, reducing the possibility of water contamination after the filtration process.
Each filter is certified for absolute microns; that means there is no pore size larger than 0.1 in size. This makes it nearly impossible for harmful bacteria, protozoa, or cysts like E. coli, Giardia, Vibrio cholerae, and Salmonella typhi (which cause Cholera and Typhoid) to pass through the Sawyer Mini. Sawyer filters have been tested by independent and qualified research laboratories and found to remove 7 log (99.99999%) of bacteria and 6 log (99.9999%) of protozoa, exceeding US EPA standards. The filter does not remove chemicals, dissolved solids, or viruses. However, viruses are very rarely found in North America or when travelling to foreign cities.
How often should I clean the filter?
For longer filter life, you should backwash and sanitize the filter after every outing. The Mini is backflushable almost indefinitely, and there are no expensive cartridges to replace, ever. Sawyer recommends sanitizing the filter before prolonged storage.
Will it get clogged while I'm out on a trip?
Even with very high particulate/turbid water you should get 5 to 10 gallons through the filter. If this is not enough water for your trip, you should plan on field backwashing your filter.
- Sawyer Mini water filter with tip cap
- 16-ounce reusable squeeze pouch
- 7-inch drinking straw
- Cleaning plunger (syringe)
|Mini||PointOne Personal||PointOne Hydration||PointOne All-in-One||Water Bottle Filter||Complete Filtration System|
|Personal||Personal||Personal, Hydration Packs||Groups, Emergency Prep, Mission Trips||Personal||Groups, Emergency Prep|
|Filter Type||0.1 micron||0.1 micron||0.1 micron||0.1 micron||0.1 micron||0.02 micron|
|Delivery Method||Squeeze, Drinking||Squeeze, Drinking||Squeeze, Drinking||Squeeze, Drinking, Gravity||Drinking||Gravity|
|Included Containers / Pouches||One 16-ounce pouch per Mini||One 32-ounce pouch or three pouches (16-, 32-, 64-ounce)||One 16-ounce pouch||One 32-ounce pouch||1-liter bottle||One or two bags (2- or 4-liter)|
|Hydration Pack Adapters||✓|
|Squeezable Pouches||Fast Fill Adapters||Inline Hydration Adapters||Stay-Put Sunblock||B4 Extractor|
|More outdoor products from Sawyer||Pouches for Mini and PointOne squeeze filters in 3 sizes (16-, 32-, and 64-ounce)||Quickly fill your hydration bladder without removing it from your pack||Convert your Sawyer Mini or PointOne filter into an inline hydration system||Available in SPF 30 and SPF 50 formulas; penetrates where other sunblocks can't reach||Reusable vacuum pump for for snake bites, bee/wasp stings & more|
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
2. Packaging - Filter was fairly lightly packaged on arrival with not piles of directions or extra garbage to get rid of - Basically three pieces of card stock paper and a plastic case to contain it. Thank you for not over-packaging - this means a lot to me.
3. Size & Weight - Impressive. Filter is roughly 3 times the size of a tube of chap-stick. It fits in the palm of my hand. It's weight is borderline negligible considering it's purpose. The plunger is absurdly large at about twice the size of the filter itself, so it seems sort of silly. However, it gets decent pressure and could also function as an irrigation syringe, making it multipurpose anyways. It's as light as the filter. The bag packs down well, but it's stiff and hard to fill up, even under a tap. Bring a ziplock to help fill it up in standing water sources.
4. Preliminary Testing - We bought these for a trip to Central America we are taking in a month, but also we wilderness guide here in Canada. In my first test I used our tap water and some neon purple food coloring belonging to our roommate. I filled the squeeze bag, added about 3 drops food coloring - enough that you could see it was purple water when you held the bag to a light, as it is somewhat opaque. The water will dribble out and it doesn't require a pile of pressure to feed it through. I probably used about as much pressure as an easy handshake and emptied the bag in less than a minute. Don't use too much pressure - the few directions on the packaging warns you could burst the bag, or damage the gaskets. What was interesting is that the water on the other end initially came out clear until you got enough of it to realize that it was actually coming out blue. What this says to me is that it filtered out the red color particles, but left the blue (it means that the red particles are larger than 0.1 micron, and the blue are small enough to get through, consistent with the product advertising, really). There were no visible floating particles in the water, to the naked eye under bright light.
Overall, I'm pretty stoked about this device. It's small, and it's obviously filtering on some microscopic level. I have no other quality filters to compare it to at the moment, but I'm satisfied that something is definitely happening through the filtration process. I'm looking forward to hooking this up to a water bladder and testing it further.
Keep in mind that this is a filter - it gets rid of larger particles in water, bacteria and protozoa. It MAY NOT be effective against VIRUSES (sorry about the caps) like Hep A, Norwalk Virus, etc. Viruses are significantly smaller than 0.1 microns and that means your water could require additional treatment to make it safe. This is not the be all, end all of water purification. It is a good start, but when in doubt, combine it with additional treatments that are effective against viruses. Generally, this means some sort of chemical addition to the water (iodine, chlorine, etc).
I may give an update after more testing and after the trip to Central America letting everyone know how it has held up. Currently not sure of how universal it is on other water bottles (definitely wont fit my glass water bottle, but I could use the straw).
Thanks for reading!
So far we've got a good bit of use out of it and have used a few times in on about 4 different water sources.
Before using it outside I tried it out using some very dirty dish water. The water that came out of the filter was completely clear despite being brown going in. And there was only a slight taste to it. The water we've used the filter with in the mountains and streams tasted amazing and clean.
It's very easy to use and even our 2 and 4 year olds are able to use it with no issues. The flow is a little slow but faster than I thought based on other reviews. I don't feel like it takes a long time to get a good drink. However we've only used it while still at the water source and have not needed to pour it into a bottle for use later when away from a water source. I could see how waiting for it to fill up a whole water bottle could seem slow.
After each trip I flush it out at home with clean water and let it air dry for a couple days before packing it away in a breathable bag and there's been no mold or bad smells or anything else wrong.
My only complaint is that the bag is stiff and hard to fill up fully even with moving water. So for future trips I plan on bringing something to pour the water into the bag.
I think this little filter is great. It's super light, easy to use, easy to clean and from what I've read it filters out more and lasts longer than a standard competions straw filter. It also has lots of attachments and options for using it which makes it a very diverse tool. Overall I'm please with my purchase and recommend it.
Most recent customer reviews
5 étoiles pour cet article de survie.
Merci bien à vous !Read more