Schaum's Outline of Electrical Power Systems Paperback – Nov 1 1989
|New from||Used from|
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
From the Back Cover
Master electric power systems with Schaum's--the high-performance study guide. It will help you cut study time, hone problem-solving skills, and achieve your personal best on exams!
Students love Schaum's Outlines because they produce results. Each year, hundreds of thousands of students improve their test scores and final grades with these indispensable study guides. Get the edge on your classmates. Use Schaum's!
If you don't have a lot of time but want to excel in class, this book helps you:
- Brush up before tests
- Find answers fast
- Study quickly and more effectively
- Get the big picture without spending hours poring over lengthy textbooks
Schaum's Outlines give you the information your teachers expect you to know in a handy and succinct format--without overwhelming you with unnecessary details. You get a complete overview of the subject. Plus, you get plenty of practice exercises to test your skill. Compatible with any classroom text, Schaum's let you study at your own pace and remind you of all the important facts you need to remember--fast! And Schaum's are so complete, they're perfect for preparing for graduate or professional exams.
Inside, you will find:
- 185 solved problems covering every aspect of electric power systems, with step-by-step solutions
- Hundreds of additional practice problems, with answers supplied
- An easy-to-understand overview of electric power system principles
- A concise, focused presentation of concepts from basic formulas and theories to actual applications, including stability and protection
- Clear and useful methods for performing calculations for real-world power systems, with examples
If you want top grades and thorough understanding of electric power systems, this powerful study tool is the best tutor you can have!
About the Author
McGraw-Hill authors represent the leading experts in their fields and are dedicated to improving the lives, careers, and interests of readers worldwide
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Top Customer Reviews
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta)
The math is really all over the map in this book - many calculations only require basic math, others involve calculus, still others involve iterative numerical methods. In fact, chapter eight is pretty much dedicated to the subject of numerical methods. The author at least hits the high points of all aspect of power systems. There is a great deal of material on transmission lines as well as the calculations involved when working with underground cables. One chapter is dedicated to fault calculations and discusses how the operation of a power system departs from normal after the occurrence of a fault. Chapter seven develops general solution methods that are amenable to the computer solution of power system network problems. Later in the outline, the author gets into subjects involving heavier power including a good introduction to three-phase power. A final and very short chapter discusses how to protect equipment against abnormal currents and voltages. The author does a good job of introducing the reader to all of the symbols that you are likely to see on a power system diagram, and their meanings.
In spite of the errors in the numerical calculations, I'd still say it's a good buy for the price. You're not going to find a good book that even touches these subjects for under a hundred dollars. If the errors were cleaned up, this Schaum's outline would be an invaluable classic.
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Deals in Books
- Books > Education & Reference > Studying & Workbooks > Study Guides
- Books > Professional & Technical > Engineering > Electrical & Electronics > Electricity Principles
- Books > Professional & Technical > Engineering > Industrial, Manufacturing & Operational Systems > Machinery
- Books > Professional & Technical > Engineering > Mechanical > Machinery
- Books > Professional & Technical > Engineering > Power Systems
- Books > Qualifying Textbooks - Fall 2007 > Engineering
- Books > Qualifying Textbooks - Fall 2007 > Science
- Books > Science & Math > Mathematics
- Books > Science & Math > Physics > Applied
- Books > Textbooks > Test Prep & Study Guides