- Actors: Mari Devon, Fumiko Orikasa, Shin'ichirô Miki, Sayaka Ohara, Takahiro Mizushima
- Producers: Eric P. Sherman, Jun Katou, Kaeko Sakamoto, Ken Iyadomi
- Format: Animated, Color, Dolby, DVD-Video, Subtitled, NTSC
- Language: English, Japanese
- Subtitles: English
- Region: Region 1 (US and Canada This DVD will probably NOT be viewable in other countries. Read more about DVD formats.)
- Number of discs: 1
- MPAA Rating:
- Studio: eOne Films
- Release Date: May 30 2006
- Run Time: 100 minutes
- Average Customer Review: Be the first to review this item
- ASIN: B000798A0Q
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: #210,052 in Movies & TV Shows (See Top 100 in Movies & TV Shows)
Compare Offers on Amazon
+ CDN$ 9.95 shipping
+ CDN$ 19.15 shipping
Scrapped Princess V1
Customers who bought this item also bought
The broadcast series Scrapped Princess (2003) gives new meaning to the term "anti-hero." Pacifica Cassul was born under a baleful star: according to the prophecy she's the poison that will cause the end of the world on her 16th birthday. As the fatal day approaches, she's on the lam with her older brother and sister, Shannon and Raquel. They're charged with protecting her from worshippers of the god Mauser, who believe in the prophecy. Pacifica isn't the most likable character: she fusses and whines and sticks her siblings with all the work. The filmmakers try to balance her petulance with mawkish scenes of doubt and self-pity. The villains multiply in Ichiro Sakaki's story until it's not clear just who's out to get Pacifica. Despite its shortcomings, Scrapped Princess scored a big hit in Japan and may well prove popular in America. (Rated 13 and older: violence, brief nudity) --Charles Solomon
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com
This dvd introduces the characters and sets up the story. It finds our party trying to stay ahead of their pursuers, but unfortunately bringing the wrath of both the military and the church on a small town. The animation is very good, and the music is superb. If I have any complaints, it would be that the translation from Japanese to English was not quite up to par. This was especially evident comparing the subtitles to the spoken words, where the subtitles actually made better sense than what was said.
That said, I highly recommend this story; for its complexity; for its beauty; and for its charming combination of the love of one's siblings, and the fight to change destiny.
Basically a fantasy adventure, but with a bit of sci-fi elements too. Really at its core its a story about who/what family is, and has some rather emotional scenes too. But it is also a great action/adventure with a discovery element of interesting consequences..
A somewhat unique show due to some plot elements, but very enjoyable for fantasy and sci-fi fans!
I ordered from gohastings, and was told the case would be slightly worn, and it was, but not to any horrible amount, and is acceptable. The disc itself though is in absolute PRISTINE condition and plays perfectly.
This series is pretty good. It has a good mix of action, comedy and drama. There are some really good characters that are developed well. This series stays focused on the main plot and doesn't diverge like a lot of the fantasy animes out there. It has good animation, voice acting, and a decent soundtrack. I really enjoyed it, but there are tons of better shows out there. I'll give it 4 stars, because even though I enjoyed it, it didn't blow me away.
Look for similar items by category
- Movies & TV > Action & Adventure > Science Fiction
- Movies & TV > Animation > Characters & Series > Scrapped Princess
- Movies & TV > Animation > Comedy
- Movies & TV > Anime & Manga > By Studio > Bandai
- Movies & TV > Comedy
- Movies & TV > Drama
- Movies & TV > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Fantasy
- Movies & TV > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Science Fiction
- Movies & TV > TV Shows