|Price:||CDN$ 19.52 & FREE Shipping on orders over CDN$ 25. Details|
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
|2. "Ready, Set, Go!"|
|4. Love Is Dead|
|5. Don't Jump|
|6. On The Edge|
|8. Break Away|
|9. Rescue Me|
|10. Final Day|
|11. Forgotten Children|
|12. By Your Side|
Tokio Hotel Are a Teenage Phenomenon in Germany and Across Europe. The Band Are Lead Singer/ Songwriter Bill (Who is all of 17) Has Been Singing and Writing Lyrics Since He was Nine. His Twin Brother Tom (Also Only 17) Has Played the Guitar for Six Years. In 2001, Bill and Tom Met Bassist Georg (18) and Drummer Gustav (17) at a Gig. They Decided to Form Tokio Hotel and Immediately Began Working on Songs. This Debut Album Went to No. One in Germany and at this Writing Has Sold 10 X Platinum (Worldwide) and Now Comes to You in English! Each their First Five Singles Hit Number One in Germany and their Debut Tour was a 43 Date Sellout, Playing to Over 400,000 People. The Echo Awards (Germany's Equivalent of the Brits) Named them "Best Newcomer 2005", MTV France Pronounced them "Best Newcomer 2006", the World Music Awards Proclaimed them "Best Selling German Act 2006" and the European Border Breaker Awards Declared them the "Best Selling German Act 2006".
Top Customer Reviews
Some of their songs *are* better in German. "Raise Your Hands", which is a special addition to some versions of this album, is not as infectious as the original "Wo sind eure Hände" from Zimmer 483. "Scream" isn't quite a raw as "Schrei". And the missing children's choir in "Forgotten Children" lessens the impact of that song. But most are neither better nor worse, just different. "Durch den Monsun", for example, was the band's first big hit, back when Bill's voice still hadn't yet changed. It's a very catchy song, but the English remake of it, "Monsoon", is equally as compelling.
The vocals on all tracks have obviously been rerecorded from the originals and the music has also been rearranged and remastered, resulting in a collection of songs that are (sometimes subtly, sometimes broadly) different from their originals. Regardless of whether you've listened to their other albums, this will be a satisfying addition to your music library.
Don't get hung up on the fact that the band members are the focus of millions of young girls' fantasies -- the music is good, in any language, and that's the important thing.
-Ready, Set, Go
-Break Away, and of course,
Then, if you like what you hear, pick up their German albums, you won't be disappointed.
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta)
1. Scream - 9/10. A rebellious rock-punk song about your opinions being heard. A great song (especially live), but is one of their earlier songs, and thus not as musically complicated as their later ones.
2. Ready Set Go - 10/10. Another rebellious rock anthem. The music is more intricate than Scream, and very catchy and motivating.
3. Monsoon - 20/10. The song that put them on the map. A beautiful power-ballad that anyone can enjoy, and lyrics that will make you melt.
4. Love Is Dead - 10/10. Everyone I know loves this song. Very Romeo and Juliet-esque.
5. Don't Jump - 8.5/10 - I give this an 8.5, but most people I know are very touched by this song, and consider it their favorite Tokio Hotel song. It is about suicide, and finding enough hope not to do it.
6. Live Every Second - 10/10. An extra track. Very catchy and fun to listen to, and sounds even better in English than in German.
7. On The Edge - 10/10. Great song about the negative effects of drugs.
8. Sacred - 9/10. A softer song about ending a love relationship, but still feeling as though that person is special to you. Very pretty.
9. Break Away - 7.5 or 8/10. In English, it is lyrically their weakest song in my opinion. The guitar riff is catchy, but the words sound awkward in English, because, for some reason, the singer's accent is detectable in this song. Still enjoyable, though.
10. Rescue Me - 8/10. A song about being left and betrayed by someone you loved. Some of the emotion seems lost in the translation to English. The German version, however, is one of their strongest snd most powerful songs.
11. Final Day - 8.5/10. Good song.
12. Forgotten Children - 9/10. An emotional song about children who have been abandoned and without homes.
13. By Your Side - 9/10. Beautiful.
14. 1000 Oceans - 20/10. ADDICTIVE. Great, great song. A bonus track.
15. Durch Den Monsun - 10/10. Bonus track. This is the original, German version of the song 'Monsoon'. It is the version the band did when they first became famous, which means that they were younger, which means that the lead singer's voice hadn't fully developed by this time. The singing is good, but he has a high voice than the rest of the album. This is no drawback, and gives a taste of what their German songs sound like.
I STRONGLY RECOMMEND this album. This is rock music anyone can enjoy, with very personal, emotional songs that you can easily get addicted to. Tokio Hotel has completely taken over Europe in a matter of years, and is on their way to taking over America. If you are looking for something a little new and fresh, pick up this album NOW.
Anyone who thinks they do not like Tokio Hotel? If they hear Sacred or By Your Side is sure to be hooked