- Product Dimensions: 43.2 x 31.8 x 5.8 cm
- Shipping Weight: 3.7 Kg
- Item model number: UK0040
- ASIN: B00X4WQMAS
- Date first available at Amazon.ca: Oct. 6 2016
- Average Customer Review: 363 customer reviews
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: #129 in Home (See Top 100 in Home)
Pre Seasoned Cast Iron Skillet (12.5 inch) by Utopia Kitchen
|List Price:||CDN$ 59.99|
|Sale:||CDN$ 26.99 & FREE Shipping on orders over CDN$ 35. Details|
|You Save:||CDN$ 33.00 (55%)|
Fulfilment by Amazon (FBA) is a service we offer sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's fulfilment centres, and we directly pack, ship, and provide customer service for these products. Something we hope you'll especially enjoy: FBA products qualify for FREE Shipping
If you're a seller, Fulfilment by Amazon can help you increase your sales. We invite you to learn more about Fulfilment by Amazon .
- Its superior heat retention will keep your mouth watering food warm for a long time
- Allow cast iron skillet to cool completely before washing them in hot soapy water with a sponge using regular dishwashing liquid soap
- Hand wash even before first use and dry immediately; rub with a light coat of vegetable oil after every wash
- This skillet pan goes from stovetop to oven and cooks evenly whatever you choose to put in it
- Iron deficiency is fairly common worldwide especially among women so cooking food in a cast iron skillet can increase iron content by as much as 20%
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you've entered a valid question. You can edit your question or post anyway.
Material Type: Cast-Iron Without Silicone Handle | Size : 12.5 Inches
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
Ready to Use: Factory Seasoning
To provide you with a ready to use cast-iron skillet, all our cast-iron cookware pass through factory pre-seasoning stage in which soy-based oil is used on these high head allowing the polymers to create an initial layer of seasoning. This one factory seasoned layer is equivalent 10-15 rounds of normal home seasoning. The normal cast iron seasoning we create at home is attained when the fats and oils used in cooking collect on the cast iron.
This makes our cast iron cookware completely ready to be used straight out of the box. No initial seasoning is required. However; in order to maintain the factory-seasoned cast iron layer you need to season it from time to time. Factory seasoning is just a kick-start to your cookware’s seasoning life. Not to forget that seasoning is an on-going course. If you want your cast iron to maintain a perfect black, non-stick patina, then get started with the cooking. Regular use and proper maintenance is the key to a coveted black non-stick surface.
With our Pre-Seasoned Cast Iron cookware now cook all you can; whether it be steaks, paninis, vegetables or anything you like your tummies to be fed. The perfectly sized wide diameter allows an ample cooking space, making it compatible with oven, stove, grill or over a campfire. This skillet can be used on various heat sources including gas, electric, induction and ceramic-glass top stoves, and ovens. Pay attention while using it on a glass stove top as slight sliding might cause a scratch to the surface.
Prepare delicious dishes and indulge into the best cooking experience at home with this cookware. Whether it is searing, sautéing, simmering, braising, baking, roasting, or frying, this has it all.
In order to maintain the non-stick surface of your cast iron cookware, follow the steps given below:
- Making Your First Meal: It is highly recommended to start with frying Bacon as it enhances the factory seasoning layer by adding, even more, oils to the coating although anything else might do the trick.
- To Boost Seasoning: Meat contains fats that enhance your cast-iron seasoning.
Maintain The Seasoning:
- Before cooking, rub some olive oil over your cookware’s surface.
- After washing, rub some olive oil over your cookware’s surface and place it on a stove or in an oven, at a low temperature, to allow the oil to seep in.
Enjoy a Healthy Lifestyle
With cast-iron cookware, you do not need to use large amounts of oil to give those potatoes a golden crispy color or. The lovely black non-stick polish on the surface is an indication of a properly seasoned skillet, making it almost non-stick. Cast iron pans allow you to avoid the unsafe chemicals found on non-stick pans which can cause undesirable damage to your vital organs.
It is very natural for iron to rust without seasoning but there is nothing to worry. It’s really easy to fix. Simply scrub the rust, rinse, dry, and cover with a little vegetable oil. If the problem persists, you will need to thoroughly remove all the rust and follow re-seasoning instructions given below:
- Wash the cookware with hot, soapy water and a stiff brush. It is perfectly fine to use soap this time because you are recreating the seasoning from the scratch.
- After washing, rinse and dry the cookware completely.
- Apply a thin, even layer of melted solid vegetable fat (or cooking oil of your choice) to the cookware inside and out. Make sure not to use too much oil as it will result in a sticky glaze.
- To grab any oil drips, place aluminum foil on the bottom rack of the oven and set the oven temperature to 350 – 400 degrees F.
- Then put the cookware upside down on the top rack of the oven.
- Bake it for at least an hour. After an hour, turn the oven off and let it cool in the oven.
- After the cooling process, store it open in a dry place.
- Repeat the process as required.
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Do a full seasoning on it before using, maybe do it a few times. The pre seasoned is not enough for the first cooking and I was cooking bacon. I'm going to go through the seasoning again a few times before using it again. If it goes well, I will update the rating.
Handle is shorter than it looks in the picture.
Thickness is less than a quarter of an inch.
Cooking surface is not reasonably smooth.
I'm returning it
The addition of the silicone handle is a great addition having scorched my hand on many a super-hot pan in the past.
After using it I wash it immediately and place it back on low heat for a few minutes to get it dry and then I use a pastry brush to add a thin layer of olive oil to keep it seasoned.
I highly recommend it.
Would buy again.
Edit : 03/05/18... it does have a bit of a convex shape. The centre of the pan gets hotter quicker and is not as uniform heat as I would like. SUPER HEAVY! Makes a bit of a chore taking from stove to sink for cleaning. Make sure you use HOT HOT HOT water (I can't stress the word HOT enough) to clean it, and that the pan is hot before putting water in it. Anything that does stick from cooking will strip right off with the hot water and a little scrub with a stiff bristle brush. Simple. Still gets 5 stars even from slightly negative drawbacks. Do yourself a favour and get either silicone over mitts or a silicone handle sleeve
Want to see more reviews on this item?
Most recent customer reviews