- Product Dimensions: 17 x 15.5 x 24.9 cm ; 1.09 Kg
- Shipping Weight: 1.3 Kg
- Item model number: SFP-34DS
- ASIN: B00JE36GLQ
- Date first available at Amazon.ca: Dec 4 2014
- Average Customer Review: 988 customer reviews
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: #643 in Home (See Top 100 in Home)
Secura Stainless Steel French Press Coffee Maker 18/10 Bonus Stainless Steel Screen (1000ML)
Fulfilment by Amazon (FBA) is a service we offer sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's fulfilment centres, and we directly pack, ship, and provide customer service for these products. Something we hope you'll especially enjoy: FBA products qualify for FREE Shipping
If you're a seller, Fulfilment by Amazon can help you increase your sales. We invite you to learn more about Fulfilment by Amazon .
- Sold by Lafraise CA ONLY. 18/10 stainless steel interior and exterior, double-wall construction for superior thermal retention.
- 3-layered Stainless steel filter traps the smallest coffee grounds to produce an exceptional full-bodied flavor, filter is easy to disassemble and clean.
- Cool touch handle and knob for comfortable and safe pouring.
- 34 ounce/ 1000ml capacity. BONUS Stainless Steel Screen.
- Dishwasher safe.
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you've entered a valid question. You can edit your question or post anyway.
Size : 34 Ounce
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
18/10 stainless steel interior and exterior, double-wall construction for superior thermal retention.Stainless steel filter traps the smallest coffee grounds to produce an exceptional full-bodied flavor, filter is easy to disassemble and clean.Cool touch handle and knob for comfortable and safe pouring.34 ounce/ 1000ml capacity. BONUS Stainless Steel Screen. Dishwasher safe.
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Used it daily for a couple months and it works beautifully. Tried different grades of course grind coffee, and it worked just as well for each. I particularly like the double screen (which we do use). It does make plunging a bit more difficult, but the result is a very smooth coffee with no grinds in the cup.
The double walled carafe helps keep the coffee warm for much longer than an uninsulated carafe (though not as long as a thermal/thermos carafe).
Suggest the following general guidelines for brewing:
- Use between 5-6 grams of coffee per cup (we use between 30-35 grams for a full pot)
- Boil water and wait 1-2 minutes before pouring into the carafe (otherwise it will burn the coffee)
- Stir the contents shortly after adding the water
- Wait 2.5 to 4 minutes and then plunge slowly (any more and the coffee will be bitter)
What I love:
- I love that I don't have to worry about it cracking or breaking like glass
- It comes with 2 extra strainers
- It holds enough coffee for 2.5 large mugs
- It holds its temperature
- It is aesthetically pleasing
- It is well made and feels sturdy
- Not concerned about the sound the press makes. Its smooth mechanics make a great cup of coffee (which is really all that matters)!
P.S. An alternative to electrical tape and etching to match up the lid and spout: put a dab of nail polish on the lid :)
The secura may be slightly more expensive than a glass french press, but it will never break from hot water, it is well worth the investment. Also, it is a Canadian Company, so you might as well help support the economy.
When you're grinding your beans make sure they aren't too fine or it will clog the filter.
1. There were some black buildup in the screws and holes when I first got it. Fortunately once you scrub them off nicely, they don't show up anymore.
2. The lid part of the press is hollow in the inside and somehow traps water/fluid inside when you make coffee. No matter how much I shake it at whichever angle, the fluid won't come out but I can still here it inside when I shake it. So I've been using the press without the lid.
Want to see more reviews on this item?
Most recent customer reviews
I bought this as a replacement for glass vessels that I have broken too many times... Vessel seems durable!Read more